Our client is a highly successful blue chip professional services company in Milton Keynes; due to continued success they are now looking to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Shift Manager working Nights.
The Manufacturing Night Shift Manager will be responsible for managing the manufacturing process and production staff meeting all cost, quality, delivery and safety targets set by the company, efficiently and consistently. This person will drive performance, productivity improvements and develops both machine and staff utilisation. Responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage all operations to ensure KPI's targets and business objectives are met and maintained within production, quality, cost, delivery.
- Provide leadership and direction to all Manufacturing Shift Team Leaders and operatives in all aspects of the manufacturing operation.
- Organise and facilitate daily Team Leader meetings, ensuring effective and relevant communications throughout all areas of responsibility, prioritising workloads and ensuring maximum process efficiency
- Review and develop continuous improvement, leading and participating in working parties to involve and engage staff, with an aim to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Have full involvement in their implementation and success minimising downtime.
- Responsible for yield improvement & non value-added process reduction
- Initiate and implement best practice process, techniques and drive lean manufacturing and 5S
- Create innovative solutions to problems and opportunities to increase productivity
- Work alongside the other 3 Manufacturing Shift Managers to ensure correct manning levels, holiday cover where applicable and identify cross functional training needs for development of all shop floor staff and Team Leaders, completing training records to the required standard.
- Continually look to develop staff within the section to ensure that staff are fully utilising their skills
- Working Night shift 6pm - 6am Rotating shift pattern
The ideal Manufacturing Night Shift Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years' experience as a Manufacturing Shift Manager or similar position
- At least 5 years' experience working with a Warehouse / Production / Distribution Management System
- At least 5 years' warehouse experience in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Experience working in a FMCG environment or any exposure of fast pace manufacturing operation
- Good knowledge of Continuous improvement & the Lean Principles
- Good awareness of supply chain
- Essential Physical Demands include: Ability to lift/carry in full range of motion up to 60lbs as needed, ability to push/pull in a warehouse environment up to 70lbs force to push as needed
Benefits for the Manufacturing Night Shift Manager:
Salary: £33,000 - £45,000
Company Pension scheme
If you are interested in the Manufacturing Night Shift Manager role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available