Manufacturing Engineer - Modular Construction - £45-55K - Northfleet, Kent
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will initially be responsible for helping create a 150,000 sq. ft. green field advanced manufacturing facility and define the core production processes within. These core processes will include systems and facilities engineering support, and will need to be closely integrated with production, factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new systems of work to support production and help to maintain the factory infrastructure, help with the planning and project management of OEM's to install advanced production technologies into the new manufacturing facility and eventually help to build and recruit the broader Berkeley Modular team.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that production is able to deliver to the required output levels, which will mean the facility and associated advanced manufacturing technologies are kept operational at all times. As such, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for supporting production deliver against labour productivity and manufactured product quality targets, whilst ensuring a safe working environment for the workforce, It will be essential to work very closely with other stakeholders from across the business covering the technical, engineering, projects, finance and site logistics disciplines to understand challenges that are faced and help develop and evolve robust solutions.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map and specify all supporting business digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Help to map and specify all factory digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Help to layout the new facility and test manufacturing logic flows to optimise production
- Help process design work including defining / documenting sequence of operations, labour and material routing details and detailed time standards for ERP / MES
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Help to create bespoke equipment / jig-fixture design solutions
- Help to project manage OEMs and third party agencies for the installation of new machinery / equipment
- Play an active role in the manufacturing facility commissioning process, including programme of sample production / prototyping
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant discipline
- Experience of project / programme management within a green field factory build
- Minimum 5 years of experience within complex manufacturing environments
- Understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Understanding of MES and implementation experience advantageous
- Understanding of BEMS
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Inventor or Solidworks.
- Strong exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex environment
- Experience of process development and implementation of process improvement methodologies
- Experience in advanced offsite manufacturing technology such as CNC controlled machinery.
- Qualification in Lean Manufacturing; Theory of Constraints; and / or Six Sigma from a recognised, accredited training body
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- 3 days ago
Projects Engineer My client is one of the largest manufacturers of RTE products and supplies to both retailers and foodservice operations across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer to work within one of their sites based near Kettering Reporting to the Head ... Read More