Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Start date: To be confirmed - depending on notice period
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Managing Director within housing development for a national client based in the South Midlands. This is a home based role and will also require travel.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Assistant Director/senior management position
- Experience of working in housing development and refurbishment, with particular reference to housing provision for learning disability services, that offers the breadth and depth of knowledge required to meet the competencies of the post
- Experience of leading and implementing major change - both cultural and organisational
- Working in a fast-paced and developing organisation
- Managing teams to deliver improvements in services
- Setting and achieving organisational and performance targets
- Strategic planning
- Effective budget management
- Writing, editing and contributing to key internal and external publications
- Relevant experience of working in the construction or property development sector
- Ability to identify new opportunities for housing development / property acquisition and conversion and to negotiate suitable terms for purchase and associated works
- Ability to instruct solicitors for the drawing up of contracts for acquisition of land and property
- Ability to negotiate and instruct in regard to tendering, selecting and recommending contracts for works to properties
- Ability to manage and deliver a programme of development projects through their contract phase
- Ability to successfully manage consultants and contractors
- Understanding of project risk assessment, mitigation and management
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders orally and in writing, including local authorities, developers and individual property owners
- Sound understanding of learning disability and related issues
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Highly articulate
- Excellent negotiator
- Can influence and motivate at all levels
- Can create a positive and lasting impression on all stakeholders
- Relates to people of different backgrounds
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Willing to take calculated risks
- Ability to delegate
- 30 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Contributory pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee support line to support you and your family
- Support in gaining professional qualifications
- Continuous on the job training is provided
5 years experience required at Senior Management level or higher
Previous experience within learning disabilities
Valid DBS which is on the update service or current DBS
UK drivers licence
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.