Our client is a looking for a manger that has previous experience in semi independent living for 16+. The manager will be looking after two units both who consists of 6 bed based in South East London. If you think that you have the passion for changing someone's life for the better and also have had previous experience in this then this may be the job for you.
Position Available: Support Worker - East London 37.5hrs
· To be responsible for the management and development within the principles of a person centered approach, ensuring the achievement of high quality services which can operate effectively in a competitive environment.
· To supervise staff.
· Participate in direct work with service users.
· To safeguard service users and staff and follow clients Safeguarding Policy
- To personally provide and ensure that all staff deliver person centered support in accordance with service users' individual support plans, which form the basis of our contract with each service user.
- To lead the development of the service objectives and annual local business plan, including quality assurance. To monitor and update programme of work to ensure targets are met.
- To have overall responsibility for the management of staff within the service, including recruitment and supervision, ensuring effective deployment and good management practice to maximize individuals' abilities and potential.
- To identify issues and practices which require improvement and/or development, in order to fulfill statutory requirements and to achieve high quality services. To manage corrective action.
- To identify group and individual learning and development needs; to organize, participate in and give training. To at all times carry out responsibilities with due regard to client's Equal Opportunities statement.
- To accept responsibility for ensuring that client's policies, procedures and principles, including those relating to Health and Safety in the workplace, are adhered to at all times.
- To respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act.
- To carry out responsibilities with due regard to the non-smoking environment in the services and offices.
- To ensure effective communication within the team (via team meetings, handovers, etc.); with service users and their families and friends, in accordance with their individual wishes and preferred methods of communication; and with professionals from other statutory and voluntary organizations, including providing written reports.
- To ensure smooth and effective running of all operational procedures such as key-worker system, risk management, etc.
- To work with other professionals and stakeholders in the assessment of individuals' service requirements, the identification and monitoring of support plans and the management of appropriate programme, attending network meetings and reviews as appropriate.
- Ability to meet the care support needs of the user group, demonstrating high standards at all times.
- Ability to monitor the quality of service delivery and take action as required, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with staff, service users, and associated professionals.
- Ability to motivate, supervise and develop staff.
- Ability to monitor expenditure against budget and take corrective action.
- Ability to carry out day to day administrative duties efficiently.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work under pressure.
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports.
- Ability to be self-serving in terms of IT, with knowledge and experience of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- At least one year's experience of managing staff in similar settings.
- Desirable experience of working with people with learning disabilities.
- Direct experience of contributing to service development.
- Direct experience in staff recruitment.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.