A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at a Leicester based food manufacturing company.
To ensure plant and equipment downtime is kept to a minimum and building upkeep is maximised through efficient response times, continuous improvements, data acquisition and analysis, whilst maintaining and developing a positive attitude towards costs, quality and health and safety.
- Awareness of Production OEE's and strive to make improvements to the OEE's.
- Responsible for ensuring site security procedures are followed at all times.
- Each engineer should consistently keep other team members informed of ongoing projects, breakdown issues, temporary repairs, and modifications.
- Individuals should be able to approach the team for support, assistance, advice, or specific skills and
- knowledge to facilitate a proactive and harmonious team culture.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Company HR, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Hygiene policies and procedures.
- Responsible for carrying out risk assessments
- Undertake any other duties, projects or responsibilities as required by the Maintenance Manager or designate.
- The individual should not carry out any task that he/she feels is unsafe or compromises the product or others around him/her.
- Preparation, tidiness and cleanliness of work areas and stores.
- Electrical and mechanical diagnostic/fault finding techniques and the application of remedial work in a breakdown situation.
- Electrical/mechanical competences, welding, basic machining, and fabrication skills are required to enable the engineer to carry out various "general maintenance" tasks within the engineering field.
- Root cause analysis carried out online performance and stoppages
- The maintenance team operate a maintenance shutdown period usually once a week, where engineers are allocated maintenance tasks to complete on the day, this can involve two or more engineers allocated to the same task.
- General Craft skills
- Electrical & Mechanical skills to C&G level / NVQ
- Sound common sense and responsible attitude
- Honesty, integrity, motivation and reliability.
- Can-Do attitude
- Solid mechanical and electrical experience
This is a permanent role, salary £38,000p/a working 4 on 4 off shifts., 06:00 to 18:00 & 18:00 to 6:00, rotating weekly.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Temporary Maintenance Technician
- Coventry, West Midlands
- Up to £16.15 per hour
- 11 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Temporary Maintenance Technician at a global manufacturer and supplier within the medical industry based in Coventry. The purpose of the Maintenance Technician role is to carry out preventative maintenance, inspections, cleaning and repairs on production ... Read More
- Romford, London
- Up to £10.77 per hour
- 14 days ago
The Company Our client is a market leading provider of infrastructure, civil engineering and reinforced concrete frame services for residential, commercial and public sector developments. The Role We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Handyman Will be working Mo... Read More