A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Team Leader for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham.
The Maintenance Team Leader is responsible for:
- The day to day supervision and management of a team of multi-skilled maintenance personnel and contractors, maximizing their productivity, effectiveness and value for money.
- Maintaining the Computer Based Maintenance Management System to and electronic records / documents for assets so that information and condition is up to date and available to all maintenance users.
- Ensuring maintenance work is planned, implemented and completed in an efficient and safe manner with associated RAMS / SWPs / Permits in place and implemented.
- Both planned and reactive maintenance to minimize cost where possible and improve the productivity of the plant assets, both fixed and mobile.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Responsible for the management of a team of 12 people.
- Supervise, coach and develop a high performing maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvement
- Responsible for drafting Risk Assessments / Method Statements / Safe Working procedures with appropriate follow-up training and assessment to monitor adherence and practicality
- Responsible for delivering the requisite level of Planned Preventative Maintenance, refurbishment and replacement of process equipment to support the Operations team in delivering optimized plant availability and throughput
- Recording planned maintenance activities and notifying Op managers
- Ensure that the Computerised Maintenance Management System is maintained, developed and actions processed
- Co-ordinate and arrange Statutory plant inspections and ensure non-conformances and improvement recommendations are progressed in a timely manner, or items removed promptly from service until safe to use
- Monitor Mobile plant reliability and Uptime and arrange repairs / servicing with internal maintenance labour and / or external OEM contractors
- Regularly review stores engineering stock holding with the Storeman and Engineering manager to ensure issued stock is replaced in a timely manner and correct specification equipment is purchased.
- Oversee the development of Apprentices to ensure off-site learning attendance and performance achieved and on-site experience is suitably supervised and deployed to maximize learning exposure to multiple equipment types / fault diagnosis and repair tasks
- Continually review Critical Spare Parts inventory and confirm regular monthly stock checks to avoid production losses through lack of availability of parts and financial write downs. Review stock holding with Stores person / Engineering manager and make recommendations and process agreed actions for replenishment.
- Develop ongoing cross compatibility of motor / gearbox drives/ rollers / electrical components between different profit centres plant & equipment
- Develop Supplier and opportunities to procure parts/materials representing enhanced value for money / reduced cost / extended service life
- Attend Continuous Improvement and OPE meetings and contribute to deriving solutions for production loss reduction
- Liaise with Process development Manager / CI Manager / Engineering Manager to input ideas and solutions for delivering Capex projects
- Based at the Nottingham site, however you may from time to time be required to assist with maintenance issues at the other sites
This is not an exhaustive list. You may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by the business that you are qualified/trained in that meet the requirements of this role.
- Time served Mech / Elec Apprenticeship
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Current Edition of IEE regs
- Experience of electrical systems / plant automation controls and sequencing
- Experience of maintaining heavy conveying / shredding / crushing / screening equipment
- Experience of maintaining heavy mobile plant
- Experience of Lean & CI techniques
- Proven people management experience
- Project Management
- Experienced in fast-moving continuous or batch processing environment with heavy industrial equipment and automation
- IT literate (MS applications & CMMS)
- Proven man-management and team development skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Leadership skills
- Experience working within a Heavy Industry
The working hours are Monday to Friday 6.00am-3.30pm, with overtime available. The salary for this position is £16.50p/h. Overtime is earnt after 9 hours a day and on Saturday, double time on a Sunday.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Leicestershire, England
- £1 - £2 per annum + £ Competitive and negotiable
- 25 days ago
Our client is a highly successful pharmaceutical company in Leicestershire, due to continued success and internal promotion they are now looking to recruit a permanent Regulatory Manager The Regulatory Manager will manage the regulatory department who ensures that the company meets all ... Read More