A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Newark, Nottingham
To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe and efficient production of chilled desserts.
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Provide effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Build a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Ensure accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Manage contractors and issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the senior engineer and maintenance manager
- Ensure that daily inspections on all buildings, plant and equipment security and safety devices are fully operational.
- Carry out all PPM equipment inspections on time as dictated by the PM system
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other engineers when required
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
- Ensure engineering workshop areas are kept clean and tidy, and company issued equipment is complete and in good condition
- To perform other such duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Recognised electrical and / or mechanical qualifications or time served apprenticeship
- Previous experience in FMCG environment in a maintenance capacity
- Competent electrical / electronic / mechanical fault finding and analysis skills
- Flexible working attitude to ensure required work levels are achieved
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Experience of food / packaging manufacturing environment in a maintenance capacity
- Understanding of PLC and computer controlled equipment
- Working knowledge and experience of site services - steam, compressed air, refrigeration, water, H&V
Hours of work are Night shift, 4 on 4 off, 5.45pm - 5.45am
Salary for this role starts from £40,000 plus additional £3000 Shift Premium.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.