A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Spalding
To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe and efficient production of chilled desserts.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our engineering team based in Spalding to undertake responsibility for servicing a large number of factory assets across these production units.
In this busy and exciting role, you will utilise both mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment.
You will provide first class, flexible support to production requirements by undertaking planned preventative and reactive breakdown maintenance, whilst ensuring established health and safety procedures are continually followed.
Another key aspect of this role will be to assist with the development of production staff, enabling them to deliver their first line maintenance objectives - identifying and developing improvement opportunities as you go.
- Ensure compliance with company Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) requirements for area of responsibility
- Responsible for completion of planned maintenance tasks to ensure breakdowns are prioritised to meet production needs. Escalates concerns to management team as required
- Ensure accurate and timely records are consistently inputted into Agility to measure engineering KPI'S.
- To provide detail including all work carried out, identification of root causes of failures, and confirmation of spares and consumables used.
- Deliver designated Projects as required, ensuring key actions and timescales are communicated.
- To proactively seek improvements and adopt best practices to reduce engineering downtime. To provide insight to the Engineer management team and make recommendations to improve.
- Provide engineering support, training and coaching to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment
Ideally, you will have a real flair for maintenance and be proactive with ideas for improving the department - whilst demonstrating an aptitude and passion for engineering
You will be an apprentice trained engineer with a formal engineering qualification such as C&G, SVQ3, or HNC Engineering - alongside previous maintenance experience gained preferably within a manufacturing or FMCG environment.
Competent electrical / mechanical fault finding, and analysis skills will be key - as will the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Hours of work are Night shift, 3 on 3 off 2 on 2 off, 6.00pm - 6.00am, 23.5 Days Annual Leave, Life Assurance, Pension, Flexible Benefits Package, Staff Shop, Free Parking
Salary for this role starts from £45,698.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.