A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicester
To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe and efficient production of chilled desserts.
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Provide effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Build a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Ensure accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Manage contractors and issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the senior engineer and maintenance manager
- Ensure that daily inspections on all buildings, plant and equipment security and safety devices are fully operational.
- Carry out all PPM equipment inspections on time as dictated by the PM system
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other engineers when required
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
- Ensure engineering workshop areas are kept clean and tidy, and company issued equipment is complete and in good condition
- To perform other such duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Recognised electrical and / or mechanical qualifications or time served apprenticeship
- Previous experience in FMCG environment in a maintenance capacity
- Competent electrical / electronic / mechanical fault finding and analysis skills
- Flexible working attitude to ensure required work levels are achieved
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Experience of food / packaging manufacturing environment in a maintenance capacity
- Understanding of PLC and computer-controlled equipment
- Working knowledge and experience of site services - steam, compressed air, refrigeration, water, H&V
Hours of work are Night shift, 3 on 3 off / 4 on 4 off: 6.00am - 6.00pm
Salary for this role starts from £39,000.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Newark, Nottinghamshire
- £42000 - £43000 per annum
- 7 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Newark, Nottingham To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results i... Read More
Maintenance Controls Engineer
- Coventry, West Midlands
- Up to £42000 per annum
- 6 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Control Engineer at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry. Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to a fit for purpose standard. Supervision maintenance s... Read More
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Shepshed, Leicestershire
- £35000 - £42000 per annum
- 26 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer at a Shepshed based global metal manufacturing company. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained to maximise operating efficiencies. Reporting to the Engine... Read More
- Gaydon, Warwickshire
- £32000 - £40000 per annum
- 25 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Multi Skilled Shift Technician at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. All technicians will be responsible for the day-to-day Preventative Maintenance of Productio... Read More