A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Newark, Nottingham
To provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe and efficient production of chilled desserts.
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Provide effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Build a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Ensure accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Manage contractors and issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the senior engineer and maintenance manager
- Ensure that daily inspections on all buildings, plant and equipment security and safety devices are fully operational.
- Carry out all PPM equipment inspections on time as dictated by the PM system
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for other engineers when required
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
- Ensure engineering workshop areas are kept clean and tidy, and company issued equipment is complete and in good condition
- To perform other such duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Recognised electrical and / or mechanical qualifications or time served apprenticeship
- Previous experience in FMCG environment in a maintenance capacity
- Competent electrical / electronic / mechanical fault finding and analysis skills
- Flexible working attitude to ensure required work levels are achieved
- Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Experience of food / packaging manufacturing environment in a maintenance capacity
- Understanding of PLC and computer controlled equipment
- Working knowledge and experience of site services - steam, compressed air, refrigeration, water, H&V
Hours of work are Night shift, 4 on 4 off, 5.45pm - 5.45am
Salary for this role starts from £40,000 plus additional £3000 Shift Premium.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
£36,000 - £41,400
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £33000 - £41000 per annum
- 26 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Shift Engineer at for a food manufacturer based in Leicestershire. Responsibilities of the Shift Engineer: Ensure that all equipment is maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations and repaired when necessary to be available and fit for... Read More
UK Engineering Manager
- Taunton, Somerset
- Up to £60000 per annum + plus company car
- 29 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a UK Engineering Manager to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Taunton area. My client strives to be the benchmark for bakery products for trade. They supply to some of the major players in coffeeshops, rest... Read More