Our client is a London-wide charity working to prevent homelessness as well as help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives.
Position Available: Maintenance Administrator- London (Kings Cross) 3-4 month contract, £12.19ph, 37.5hrs
· The post holder will work collaboratively within the Housing Services Team, delivering a centralised programme of void and maintenance support to our clients accommodation services.
· Through effective coordination and communication with internal and external partners, to achieve void performance standards, and reduce financial impact of income loss through void loss.
· To achieve best practice and value for money through partnership working with registered providers, and maintenance contractors. Ensure works are carried out within agreed timescales, to appropriate quality, maintaining compliance with Health and safety requirements. Record, monitor and communicate progress through client's integrated online client and service portals.
- To liaise with service managers and teams, to identify and respond to planned and unplanned void notification, achieving performance targets for void turn around.
- To assist service teams with pre-void and void inspections, ensuring that any maintenance, decoration, cleaning needed is booked, and any replacement furniture is ordered.
- To liaise with registered providers, approved suppliers and internal mobile caretaker to ensure that void repairs and redecoration is completed on schedule, within agreed budget.
- To generate repair orders, allocate jobs to approved suppliers achieving best value for money.
- To ensure any risk assessments required for the works are provided ahead of works commencing.
- To inspect site and completed works to ensure quality standards.
- To ensure that progress is recorded and services are updated, to ensure units can be re-let without delay upon completion of works.
- To ensure that legally required void safety checks are completed and certificates provided.
- To work collaboratively to support the wider Maintenance and Health and Safety Teams where needed by assisting progress with non void maintenance requests as requested by the Maintenance Co-ordinator.
- Where supporting with non void maintenance to ensure communication with clients and / or services to facilitate adequate notice and access arrangements.
- To share information appropriately with colleagues and others involved with individual clients within the confines of the confidentiality policy and procedure and in accordance with data protection.
- To ensure compliance with document controls in accordance with ISO.
- To respond to enquiries, complaints, incidents, safeguarding, reports of anti social behaviour in a sensitive and a professional manner.
- Take responsibility for compliance with the organisational Health and Safety policy and procedure, to ensure personal safety and that of clients, colleagues, contractors and other visitors at all times.
- To carry out Health and Safety checks and undertake annual fire and property risk assessments, report and follow up all required actions in a timely fashion.
- To liaise with staff, Registered Providers, clients and contractors to ensure Landlord health and safety compliance requirements can be met, and to take appropriate action against clients breach their Tenancy requirements to provide reasonable access.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload, working to meet competing deadlines
- Ability to be self motivating and able to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to identify the root cause of a maintenance issue, creatively and effectively problem solve, and take appropriate action to achieve most resilient and cost effective solution
- Excellent communication skills, to facilitate effective liaison with internal and external partners, negotiating and communicating clear, concise and effective specifications, prompt processing of any issues or concerns
- Ability to understand the support needs of clients, mange their expectations and confidence to communicate effectively in delivering an effective maintenance service, including managing dissatisfaction
- Experience of ensuring safe working practices for self and others, adherence and compliance to guidelines, policies and procedures
- Proven strong administration skills, including ability to use computer systems to communicate progress, record and monitor repairs and measure performance
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.