Our client based in Sleaford is one of the UK's most successful manufacturers of disposable products who provide innovative, highly decorative tissues to major retailers in the UK and European markets. They are currently looking for a Machine Setter to join their team on a temporary basis for 6 months.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Maintenance Team. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager your responsibilities will include:
The job will involve:
- Work closely with the Management Team to improve productivity and efficiency within all department
- Carry out line adjustments as required
- Participate in creating a positive health and safety culture within the company
- Assist in the effective implementation of the production plan within the company by conducting changeovers where necessary
- Communicate any process or machine issues to the Shift Management Team (i.e. Shift Manager / Maintenance Manager & Engineering Manager)
- Maintain an adequate program of PPM across the site
- Inspect, operate and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Record maintenance on relevant documentation of repair work performed
- Ensure machines continue to run smoothly and systems operate efficiently
- Maintain the working areas and workshop in a respectable and clean manner adopting good housekeeping procedures
The successful candidate should possess the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Good knowledge of a wide range of machinery and working parts
- Basic workshop skills would be an advantage (cutting, drilling, grinding, turning, welding)
- Already be a competent machine operator and have experience of several machines
- Excellent organisation skills are required as working to deadlines is essential
- Work well in a team
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Above all, you must also be able to perform to consistently high working-standards
Candidates must be flexible and able to work additional hours/change shift pattern to cover holidays, sickness, busy periods etc. at short notice.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Kent, England
- £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Package
- 8 days ago
Manufacturing Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias) - £40K-£45K - Northfleet, Kent This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric mod... Read More