A fantastic opportunity for on a leading supplier and manufacturer of overhead irrigation equipment has an immediate opening for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their growing business on a full time, permanent basis at their Corby site.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Logistics Manager, who will oversee the management of materials, goods, and products (including importing and exporting) to ensure that they are in the right place to meet customer demand.
In the role you will plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers. Within the role you will create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
You will deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements whilst monitoring quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs; negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers
The successful candidate will oversee purchasing and related staff who identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process and interpret trends and analyse and review data.
Key experience criteria:
- You must possess an advanced understanding of manufacturing processes, supply chain management, and associated components, specifically in the Engineering/Manufacturing industry.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Strong man-management, coaching and development skills.
- Customer relationship management experience - internal and external.
- Stock control experience.
- Purchasing and procurement experience.
- Project Management skills & proven record of thinking analytically with a problem-solving focus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills in a team-based atmosphere.
- Effective planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion.
- Business acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of costs, production schedules, and customer orders
- Holistic understanding of warehousing and transport, knowledge of shipping/freight is preferable.
- Strong IT skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- IOSH qualified - desirable.
- FLT licenses - desirable.
Our extremely reputable client is offering a very competitive salary and excellent benefits.
This is a genuine chance to make a mark for yourself within the business and further develop your experience within a dynamic organisation!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Logistics Account Director
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Up to £70000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 5 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Logistics Account Director with a dynamic and rapidly expanding supply chain provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly e... Read More
- Nottinghamshire, England
- £30000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits
- 20 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join a hugely successful specialist in IT consumable distribution business on a full-time basis (Mon to Fri days) at their Nottingham site. The company is experiencing growth and is a leading global innovator in ... Read More
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £50000 - £55000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 26 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join a hugely successful specialist of electrical component distribution business on a full time basis at their state of the art facility in Milton Keynes. The company is experiencing rapid growth, has a global ... Read More
Operations Manager (3PL)
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- Up to £50000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 5 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Operations Manager (3PL) with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Halifax. This is a truly exciting time ... Read More
Fleet Damage Manager
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- £35000 - £45000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 19 days ago
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a client for the position of Fleet Damage Manager, to be based at their Peterborough HQ. You will work alongside the Head of Fleet and fleet team with the successful candidate will have sound experience and knowledge of fleet damage management wi... Read More