A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious professional to implement their expertise and experience as Health and Safety Advisor with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting a positive Health & Safety culture throughout, encouraging and setting best-practice examples to people across all levels of the business. You will ensure that personal knowledge of Health and Safety and best practice is continually updated.
In the role you be the subject matter expert to all stakeholders, ensuring that effective risk assessment processes are in place for all the site's activities, including general risk assessments, COSHH, Manual Handling, Noise, DSE, and other statutory requirements.
Other keys responsibilities include:
- Investigating accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and ensuring the implementation of effective corrective action.
- Being responsible for the maintenance and compliance of Health Safety & Environment systems and procedures throughout the site.
- Managing the EHS inspection process and provide purposeful feedback to internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake health and safety audits in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements.
- Being responsible for input on training plans working closely with training departments regarding all EHS training, MHE training and of Standard Operating Procedures (including incorporation of SSW's).
- Maintaining appropriate documents and records to demonstrate compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Undertaking any other duties which may be required to assist the needs of the business as directed by management.
- Assisting with the company H&S strategy and help drive H&S focuses.
What our client is looking for:
- A minimum of two years prior experience of working in Health & Safety in a similar environment.
- NEBOSH General Certification as a minimum.
- IOSH membership.
- Experience of delivering safety related training courses.
- Excellent communication skills and able to confidently communicate both written and verbally.
- 'Can-do' attitude with the ability to drive, motivate and support the site to achieve your best performance overall.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, adaptable environment.
- Proven ability with engaging staff whilst upholding policies.
- Good problem solver - pragmatic approach and hands on when necessary.
- Pro-active with excellent organisational ability.
- Ability to identify root causes and resource permanent solutions.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to achieving deadlines.
- Approachable manner.
- Leadership and Values.
Salary for this opportunity is between £25k-£30k plus pension and other company benefits.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Warehouse Team Leader
- Rutland, England
- £20000 - £25000 per annum
- 15 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Team Leader to join their team in the Rutland region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a fantastic opening for ... Read More