Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Locum Project Workers - Substance Misuse and Recovery , Lewisham, ad hoc and part time hours, £11-12 per hour.
We are seeking part time and locum support workers to work wihtin a supported housing service for people with a history of substance misuse issues and those in recovery. There are ad hoc shifts available
* Proven experience and skills in delivering highly personalised assessment and casework, support planning, goal setting, advocacy, and the ability to apply this in a caseload of clients who find it difficult to engage in formal keywork and where there are barriers to accessing statutory support.
* The ability to work intensively with clients, respond calmly to crisis and deal promptly, effectively, safely and creatively to complex and challenging situations
* A strong understanding of the issues that typically disrupt progress in journeys towards independence, such as mental health, substance misuse, self-harm, domestic violence, anger management, learning impairment and frailty due to illness
* A good understanding of the Strengths and Recovery model, and the ability to engage, support and motivate clients to progress within a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE)
* A good understanding of the health and social care sector and the ability to navigate between and across specialties whilst working with clients to create a multiagency care plan
* Excellent time management skills, ability to work on own initiative, manage competing priorities and maintain high standards
* Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, maintaining a collaborative approach to delivering service objectives across work specialisms
* A commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
* Experience of reflecting critically upon own practice in order to enhance the experience of service users
* IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office programmes and database recording systems
* An ability and willingness to work a rota that includes early and late shifts and covers weekdays and weekends
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call me directly on 07824016243
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Recovery Support Coordinator - Substance Misuse (Camden)
- Camden, London
- £12.82 - £13.04 per hour
- 18 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Recovery Support Coordinator - Substance Misuse (Camden), 37.5 hours a week, tempo... Read More
Locum Support Workers - Rough Sleepers
- West London, London
- Up to £13 per hour
- 12 days ago
Our client is based in central London and support clients with a history of rough sleeping and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Locum Support Workers - Rough Sleepers, Bayswater, £13.00 per hour pe... Read More
Mental Health Support Worker
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- £9.10 - £10.80 per hour
- 4 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire Salary: £9.10 - £10.80 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time / Nights (some days available) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire
- £09.00 - £10.91 per hour
- 5 days ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Bingham, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.91 per hour Job type: Permanent Hours: Days and sleep in's Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Chi... Read More
Supported Living Support Worker
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £8.91 - £11.79 per hour
- 5 days ago
Supported Living Support Worker Location: Stoke on Trent, ST3 Salary: £8.91 - £11.79 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time or part time hours available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More