Our client provides support to children from the age of 0-4 with learning disabilities in a setting of a nursery / family centre.
Position Available: learning Support Assistant - West London (Ealing) £18,135 per annum, 37.5 hrs per week
The post holder will Contribute to planning and providing a safe, supportive, fun and stimulating environment for each child attending the centre
Managing service delivery and performance
- To deliver high standard of development and care for children who attend the Nursery.
- To ensure safe environment for children, staff and visitors.
- To develop and maintain partnership with parents /carers to increase their involvement in their child development.
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the early years' service manager and undertake the designated role as directed.
Limits of Authority:
- To work within the agreed framework of the clients policies and procedures including budgets and relevant legislation.
Key areas of work
Play and learning
- To provide fun and stimulating learning environment and opportunities for the children, catering for their individual strengths, needs and interests, and working within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum both indoors and outdoors at all times.
- To work and interact with the children using a variety of teaching methods, including leading small group structured sessions, one on one target time, and supervising and interacting in a free play inclusive environment.
- To support children with their personal health and care needs including eating, using the toilet including nappy changing as well as carrying out specific care needs such as administering medication, tube feeding and undertaking manual handling.
- To support the provision of activities and opportunities, which promote equality and full inclusion, giving consideration to the children's, and their families, cultural and ethnic background, religious beliefs, gender and abilities.
- To take key worker and/or co- key worker responsibility for children who attend the service; Duties include
- Managing the settling in process,
- Regular communication with parents,
- Managing individual profile folders,
- Developing snap shot profiles and individual moving on passports.
- Ensuring regular observations and evaluations of the children's progress are kept updated
- Taking active part in planning and preparing for the children's review process.
- To adhere to the policies and procedures set by the client at all times, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
Communication and relationships
- To interact with the children and actively encourage and facilitate positive relationships between the children, in order to support the development of the children's communication and social skills.
- To support work in partnership to facilitate positive multi-disciplinary joint working with a range of other professionals so as to ensure that the needs of children and their families are supported in the most effective way.
- To develop positive relationships with parents and work in partnership to ensure we are achieving the best possible outcomes for the children.
- To communicate and work effectively with other team members using a variety of communication methods, and participate in team meetings.
- To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments and completion of Tapestry updates
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
Hours and Holiday's:
- To work according to the nursery service's yearly schedule shift pattern, including participation in the under 10's inclusive holiday play schemes - this may mean a change to the shift pattern.
- A degree of flexibility is needed over the working day. The job does involve shift patterns. The nursery operates all year round. The nursery runs from 8am till 6pm.
- In order to deliver service effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above, such duties, however, will fall within the scope of the post
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.