Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Lead Outreach Worker -Rough Sleepers (Redbridge) , 5-6 months ongoing, 37.5hrs, £13.04 per hour
Working withpolicy and procedural framework and local procedures, to co-ordinate and deliver a street based outreach service to identify, verify and support rough sleepers in Redbridge. To assist rough sleepers to access support services and accommodation, working within the No Second Night Out framework and the Redbridge Places of Change Pathway.
- Day to day Shift Delivery
- To plan and organise street outreach shifts, based on referrals and mapping information received, to identify and verify rough sleepers in Redbridge.
- To support rough sleepers by ensuring that referrals are made to relevant services and accommodation through the Redbridge Pathway, in line with local objectives and targets.
- To plan and organise annual street counts, to conduct local mapping of hotspot areas and to compile data on rough sleeper population.
- Hours and shift patterns
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, and to ensure that referrals are responded to within 48 hours.
- Work flexibly via a combination of early, late and night shifts. The successful candidate will be responsible for organising their own shift schedule, and will vary their shift pattern based on the specific needs of new referrals.
- Plan shifts to enable attendance at planned meetings (with advance notice), and liaison with support agencies.
- Assessment and verification
3.1 To ensure that effective assessment and verification is provided to new rough sleepers and to ensure that onward referrals are made to all appropriate support services.
3.2 To also ensure that all databases, (CHAIN, Inform) are updated in a timely fashion, and to ensure monitoring reports are completed and submitted to partner agencies within agreed timescales.
3.3 Assess the most appropriate option to achieve the quickest resolution to rough sleepers, and to provide support to achieve this
4.1 To be responsible for delivering initial street-based assessments to new rough sleepers and follow up assessment to existing rough sleepers.
4,2 To support clients to access accommodation, health services, day centres, housing advice services and all other relevant support.
- To work alongside the Team Manager to lead on any crisis intervention work for complex cases.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of the principles of planned support and working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of effectively liaising with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve quality of life for clients.
- Experience of being self motivating, able to work under pressure and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
- Experience of working with clients who have experienced homelessness.
- Evidenced understanding of the principles underlying a quality and customer focussed service with the proven ability to empower service users
- A knowledge of immigration and benefit entitlement issues, specifically in relation to both EEA and non EEA clients
- Awareness of London Based and National Agencies and Rough Sleeper initiatives, and understanding of the ethos with regards to a single service offer approach.
- A level of numeracy sufficient to carry out tasks such as calculating travel expenses and petty cash returns.
- Knowledge of the various barriers faced by rough sleepers of varying backgrounds, and what services are available for rough sleepers.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call me directly on 07824016243
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Community Outreach Workers - Domestic Violence (Lewisham)
- Lewisham, London
- Up to £27948 per annum
- 2 days ago
Our client is a large charity that support women and girls with a history of violence, abuse or domestic violence. Position Available: Community Outreach Workers - Domestic Violence (Lewisham), full time fixed term contract until March 31st 2022, 37.5 hours per week, £27,948pa. Role Pur... Read More
Community Outreach Workers - Domestic Violence
- Waltham Forest, London
- Up to £22358 per annum
- 29 days ago
Our client is a large charity that support women and girls with a history of violence, abuse or domestic violence. Position Available: Community Outreach Workers - Domestic Violence (Waltham Forest), Fixed term contracts 3 months, part time 30 hours per week, £22,358pa. Role Purpose: Th... Read More
Supported Living Support Worker
- Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
- £8.91 - £10.50 per hour
- 9 days ago
Supported Living Support Worker Location: Ashfield, Nottinghamshire Salary: £8.91 - £10.50 per hour per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care currentl... Read More
Mental Health Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £8.91 - £11.00 per hour
- 9 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire Salary: £8.91 - £11.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time (days and nights available on rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are cu... Read More
Care and Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £8.91 - £11.50 per hour
- 9 days ago
Care and Support Worker Location: Chesterfield, South Yorkshire Salary: £8.91 - £11.50 per hour per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently ha... Read More