Barker Ross is actively recruiting for a kitchen assistant to join our prestige client in Brixworth, Northampton.
Our client is looking for a kitchen assistant to help with everyday tasks in the busy kitchen as well as take ownership of the Sandwich section, they require someone that can deliver on taste and have the attention to detail required so the presentation is also vital. They are very keen and vigorous in promoting the healthy eating sandwich,
You will also have the freedom to create and construct new and exciting recipe's
07:00/08:00 and finish 16:30/17:30, you might be asked to work different hours occasionally
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Mainly prepare a variety of sandwiches according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Clean and sanitise work areas, equipment and utensils
- Experience working in kitchen and preparing food
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm, under pressure
- Stamina and enthusiasm
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good communication skills
- High standards of personal hygiene
- An interest in food and sandwich creation
No formal qualification needed but food hygiene certificate and some secondary qualifications would be an advantage.
Please call our Northampton office on 01604 634479 for more details.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available