A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Key Operative Supervisor at for a supplier of bespoke range of produce for Wholesale in the Derby area.
To organise product and personnel in order to achieve orders safely, efficiently, on time and to specification. Key priorities for this role are compliance with the following procedures and process: health and safety, food safety, quality, GMP, yield and cost per tonne/kg
- Inducts new staff, ensuring that health & safety & food safety & quality requirements are clearly communicated and understood.
- Supports the shift manager in making sure the area and people in it are focussed on safety, food safety, quality, service & cost
- Monitors working procedures to ensure that staff follow safe working practice, that the required protective clothing is worn and hygiene procedures followed, taking appropriate action where this is not the case.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace in line with Good Manufacturing Practice, ensuring that the clean-as-you-go policy is in force.
- Ensures that all staff members are aware of the customer quality specification and adhere to it at all times
- Trains new employees and coaches existing staff in line with SOPs ensuring that targets are clearly communicated and achievable
- Monitors timekeeping of staff within their area taking necessary action where standards are not being met.
- Informs employees of new policies/procedures as necessary reviewing performance to ensure compliance.
- Reviews working methods to identify potential efficiencies in material handling/production making suggestions for savings to the Shift managers/departmental Manager.
- Conducts walking tours to ensure compliance of the team
- Holds SIC meetings to maximise performance and minimise lost time or materials
- Carries out any other reasonable request as requested by their manager.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Some previous supervisory/team leading experience
- The ability to motivate others
- Knowledge of processing equipment and processes
- Food Hygiene certificate and/or an understanding of HACCP principles
- Basic understanding of computers and Company systems
- Food industry experience advantageous
- Awareness of basic Health & Safety legislation & responsibilities
- Possesses a "can-do" attitude and a willingness to develop new skills and knowledge.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm at busier periods the client may operate a two-shift alternating pattern.
Salary for this role starts from £26,000
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.