Junior Quantity Surveyor - Hackney - £30K -40K
With a family history in Groundworks, RC frame and Construction spanning over 50 years, the company have built an excellent reputation as one of the largest Self-Build Main Contractors in the UK.
Main duties and key result areas:
This will include, but not limited to the following duties:
- Draw up detailed net cost pricing structure documents for Labour, Material, Plant & Sub Contactor prices.
- Formulation of Invitation to Tender documents to enable Subcontract trade prices for all elements.
- Create schedule of rates for residential refurbishments and reporting back to the Senior Quantity Surveyor & Project Manager.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Prepare tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Research materials, equipment, plant and labour costs.
- Assist in cost monitoring of site resources.
- Collect quotes from materials suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Help with bids for new contracts.
- Inputting and outputting data into established MS Excel estimating spreadsheets.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Skaidre Veckyte at Barker Ross on 07824 016223 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org