We are looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join the ground engineering company in Luton.
You will be working in a small team closely with Commercial manager and Senior QS, where you will receive lots of additional training to broaden your knowledge and skills.
We are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious person, who is looking to develop and learn.
Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry would be advantageous.
Main duties would include:
- Generating and reporting weekly revenue and cost reports
- Analysis of weekly and monthly cost and revenue data
- Preparation, negotiation and dealing with all contract correspondence
- Attending pre-contract meeting with clients
- Credit checks and payment terms reviews
- Assisting with tendering and preparations of subcontract packages
- Involvement in sales forecast and delivery of targeted margin
- Control of payment terms and working closely with accounts department
- Minimum 1 years' experience, ideally working in a construction environment
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying
- Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of commercial and technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel.
- Full Driving licence
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available