Job Purpose: To provide an efficient and comprehensive, customer focused quality driven building repair and maintenance service, to our group owned properties and other properties, as directed.
To work specifically on fireworks, ensuring that they are done to a high level, and match the requirements assessors look for in Q/Mark fireworks repairs &
To maximise the use of core and additional skills to complete task in a single visit wherever possible, including making good, finishing and cleaning up to a satisfactory high standard.
Reporting To Will receive supervision and guidance and report to Delivery Coordinator.
Staff Management Responsibilities: Provide guidance to trainees/apprentices as required.
Range of Decision Making: Daily decisions relating to the prime objectives of post and within established policies and procedures.
Responsibility for Assets, Materials etc: Responsible for the safe usage of any materials and equipment in compliance with Health and Safety Legislation. The job holder will be provided with a van for use during working hours and for travelling from home to site. The job holder is responsible for adhering to the vehicle usage policy at all times.
Access to computer information and confidential material, therefore responsible for the security and management of it under the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
Key Contacts: Tenants/Customers
Other employees of the Together Housing Group
Essential Duties &
Responsibilities: 1. To carry out all types of Joinery repairs to both tenanted and vacant properties in accordance with job tickets, opti-time appointment slots, specifications and contract drawings, to good practice, Building Regulations etc as appropriate and applicable.
2. To carry out fireworks in line with Q/Mark certification, ensuring that all fireworks carried out are to assessor level or higher.
3. To organise your work to minimise lost or non-productive time, highlighting pro-actively if you have too much / too little work so that work can be re-allocated, extra work allocated etc as appropriate.
4. To carry out all work with a high regard to customer care and customer satisfaction including ensuring that work is carried out protecting tenants furniture and belongings as appropriate through the use dustsheets etc, cleaning up afterwards, being polite friendly and helpful at all times and liaising with customers in a caring and sympathetic manner To undertake your duties with respect to customers and in accordance with our codes of conduct and service standards.
5. To assist in addressing the peaks and troughs in workload by working overtime and at other times when requested by prior arrangement with your manager.
6. To participate in a stand-by or call-out rota.
7. To use your initiative to diagnose and undertake a repair which may be different from the job required or where the job required was of a locate fault type nature. Obtaining approval beforehand as appropriate where the job is more expensive than anticipated, will take much longer than anticipated etc.
8. To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken by yourself to protect the health, safety and welfare of members of the public as well as yourself and other employees. This includes ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety at work etc Act 1974 etc and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with risk assessments. To highlight as appropriate any omissions or problems with risk assessments, any queries with regard to health and safety etc. To input into risk assessments as appropriate.
9. To ensure that you promptly report or make safe any potential dangers noticed whilst carrying out your job e.g. trip hazards, steps needing re-bedding etc to company property or land or persons so that the appropriate action can be taken.
10. To work to a consistently high standard of workmanship in line with service specification, service standards, safe working procedures and as part of a team to ensure the most efficient use of time, materials and resources etc.
11. To complete the required paperwork or electronic version equivalent for job sheets etc comprehensively and accurately and to provide this information on a daily basis unless otherwise instructed. To fully and promptly respond to any queries that may arise.
12. Undertake all duties with due regard for all relevant policies and procedures, including carrying out relevant safety checks prior to commencing each job.
13. To be responsible for your imprest stock on your van, ensuring it is correctly accounted for and replaced promptly in a responsible way using the systems in place. To answer any queries with regard to stock which cannot be accounted for as a result of stock checks on vans or which cannot be traced to a job etc
14. To be responsible and accountable for the security of your van (if provided), the van stock, any tools/equipment, materials, PDA/mobile phone and purchase order book, and to ensure the vehicle is locked at all times when it is not occupied.
15. To drive company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner, maintain vehicle in a clean condition, ensure vehicle is checked daily and report any defects found in accordance with the Drivers Handbook, Company Vehicle Policy and any related safe working procedures.
16. To obtain building materials in a responsible and accountable manner ensuring materials are appropriate for the jobs undertaken, all materials used can be traced to the right job, that the number of trips to the suppliers is minimized as far as possible e.g. by thinking strategically what materials are needed for the days jobs where possible and by keeping an accurate record of your current vehicle stock.
17. To assist in the cost effective procurement of materials, to ensure the quality and appropriate effective use of materials by minimizing waste at all times.
18. To purchase materials in conjunction with merchant framework, identifying any materials which are felt to be inappropriate or inferior quality and to report any issues regarding materials to Delivery Coordinator
19. To ensure that you treat all tenants equally and not discriminate against any because of their age, sex, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason, ensuring compliance with Together Housing Group's policies and procedures.
Corporate Duties: Abide by the objectives and targets of the Section, Department and Company, and follow the procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
Fulfil personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to Company policies and procedures, particularly health and safety, equality and diversity, customer care, emergency evacuation, security, work standards and promotion of the Company's Core Values. Aims and objectives.
To attend any training and development events considered necessary
Notes: This job description forms part of the contract of employment of the person appointed to this post. It reflects the position at the present time only and may be changed at management's discretion in the future. As a general term of employment, the Company may affect any necessary change in job content, or may require the post holder to undertake other duties, at any location in the Company's service, provided that such changes are appropriate to the employee's remuneration and status.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available