A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Technician at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry.
To provide IT Support across a variety of platforms and technologies to the Coventry location.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To resolve day to day IT issues as they arise.
- Manage and Maintain the IT production environment
- Record all IT support activities and IT project activities in the ITSM tool (ServiceNow).
- Under the direction of the IT Manager implement and manage the Company backup strategy.
- Provide support and data analysis to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain the IT hardware register and replenishment policy.
- Ensure department policies and procedures are relevant and maintained.
- Ensure compliance with company, group and legislative requirements.
- Completion of all tasks and projects within agreed timeframes.
- Participate in company projects, taking ownership for IT related activities.
- At the direction of the IT Manager engage with colleagues to better understand activities identifying possible IT improvements.
- Liaise with group colleagues to identify best practices and synergies.
- Work as a key member of the IT team by contributing to the development and implementation of operational strategies.
- Contribution to departmental targets and objectives.
- Deputise for the IT Manager and other IT colleagues where required
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions to future proof our offerings to the customer base.
- Achievement of personal targets and objectives.
- Feedback from internal colleagues and senior management
- Monthly reviews with the IT Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level (including Maths and English)
- Working knowledge of an IT service desk
- Strong technical knowledge/understanding of IT Infrastructure
- Proven experience of working with suppliers and internal customers
- Proven experience of working within a similar role
- Project Management Accreditation
- ITIL/Service Management
- Relevant Microsoft technical certifications
- VMWare, Veeam
- Desktop virtualisation
- HP Switch's
- Juniper Firewalls
- Project coordination or project management experience
- Infrastructure projects
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Methodical approach to issue resolution
- Organised and detail focused
- Able to adapt to shifting urgencies and priorities.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to coach and mentor at all levels for improved performance
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Enthusiasm for IT and system processes
- Willingness to travel with potential overnight stays.
Working hours for this role are 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday on a flexi time basis.
Salary for this role is up to £30,000 depending on experience as well as a car cllowance of £4,100 as travel will be required.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.