One of the largest postal providers in the UK has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Desk Analyst to join their fulfilment Site in Rushden. This is a full time, permanent position.
You will provide applications and technical support to the staff and customers. The role is high profile and part of a wider IT Service Desk covering the company's assets and systems. Day to day, the role will involve providing first line support on applications and technical support to employees. You will also be communicating with suppliers, giving hands on technical support as well as contributing to new and existing projects that require or involve IT.
You will need to demonstrate the desire to deliver the best solution required, and that you have the drive to make a difference to the employees, customers and suppliers. You will need to have a keen interest in IT and be willing to adapt your knowledge to suit third party and bespoke solutions. A creative and innovative approach with the energy and enthusiasm to deliver, and above all passion for exceeding customers' expectations is a must.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Demonstrable appetite to progress and confidence to identify and suggest improved ways of
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines whilst managing shifting priorities.
- Maintain excellent organisational skills and effective prioritisation of tasks.
- Be willing to learn with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment, but with a strong enough personality to add structure where necessary.
- Helpful by nature and able to deal with providing a first-class level of customer service within a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and self-discipline in order to work well either independently or within the team environment.
- It is essential you either have a background in IT Support, or previous experience within a customer facing IT related job function.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- A working knowledge of Office365 is paramount.
- Previous experience of Computer Hardware Support, replacement of components and basic troubleshooting of end user IT equipment would be advantageous.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Typically, we would estimate that it would take a minimum of 1 years' experience in a customer facing IT support environment or a similar role to acquire the skills required for this role.
- A good standard of education to include 3 GCSEs grade A-C or equivalent.
- An IT related qualification (Comp TIA A+, MCP, ITIL v3.0 Foundation, etc.) would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A full clean UK Driving Licence.
You will work from 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
The salary for this opportunity is £24,500 to £28500 plus upto 10% Bonus plus benefits
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Customer Account Manager
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £10.00 per week
- 14 days ago
Duties to include: Processing customer orders Dealing with complaints and queries Generating reports for management Stock taking Dealing with customers over the telephone and e-mail Organising transport Personal attributes: Excellent customer service skills Good IT skills - Word, Excel ... Read More
HGV CLASS 2 driver
- Grantham, Lincolnshire
- Up to £12.5 per hour
- 7 days ago
Barker Ross are currently looking for HGV Class 2 Drivers in Grantham Working for a recycling centre, delivering and collecting household electrical appliances. Handballing required! The role is for one week, however for the right candidate it could be an ongoing position Working Monday... Read More
Operational Business Support Executive
- Hounslow, London
- Up to £30000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 6 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Operational Support Executive at their Heathrow Airport site. Executive Operational Support reports directly into the Operation Director and the successf... Read More