One of the largest postal providers in the UK has an exciting opportunity for an IT Field Support Analyst to support their sites in Rushden and Northampton. This is a full time, permanent position.
You will provide applications and technical support to the staff and customers. The role is high profile and part of a wider IT Service Desk covering the company's assets and systems. Day to day, the role will involve providing first line support on applications and technical support to employees. You will also be communicating with suppliers, giving hands on technical support as well as contributing to new and existing projects that require or involve IT.
You will need to demonstrate the desire to deliver the best solution required, and that you have the drive to make a difference to the employees, customers and suppliers. You will need to have a keen interest in IT and be willing to adapt your knowledge to suit third party and bespoke solutions. A creative and innovative approach with the energy and enthusiasm to deliver, and above all passion for exceeding customers' expectations is a must.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Demonstrable appetite to progress and confidence to identify and suggest improved ways of
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines whilst managing shifting priorities.
- Maintain excellent organisational skills and effective prioritisation of tasks.
- Be willing to learn with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment, but with a strong enough personality to add structure where necessary.
- Helpful by nature and able to deal with providing a first-class level of customer service within a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and self-discipline in order to work well either independently or within the team environment.
- It is essential you either have a background in IT Support, or previous experience within a customer facing IT related job function.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- A working knowledge of Office365 is paramount.
- Previous experience of Computer Hardware Support, replacement of components and basic troubleshooting of end user IT equipment would be advantageous.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Typically, we would estimate that it would take a minimum of 1 years' experience in a customer facing IT support environment or a similar role to acquire the skills required for this role.
- A good standard of education to include 3 GCSEs grade A-C or equivalent.
- An IT related qualification (Comp TIA A+, MCP, ITIL v3.0 Foundation, etc.) would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A full clean UK Driving Licence.
The successful candidate will be expected to work any 4/5 days per week over 7 days (37.5/40 hours) in order to meet the needs of a 24/7 operation, therefore, a willingness to work regular weekends is also essential.
Salary for this opportunity is between £25,000 to £29,500 plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Bedford, Bedfordshire
- Up to £10.50 per hour
- 13 days ago
We are recruiting! Barker Ross currently work in partnership with B&M Distribution centre and are currently recruiting for a Recruitment Administrator to join their Team! This is a temporary position with the possibility of permanent for the right person. This position is Monday - Frida... Read More