Our client is worldwide award-winning distribution company providing a range of collection and delivery services throughout mainland UK. Established in 1997, they operate a large, wholly owned fleet of vehicles providing nationwide and local distribution. They currently have a vacancy for a IT & Infrastructure Support desk position to be based in their IT department in Essex.
This is a multifaceted role, encompassing a wide variety for a highly skilled individual. The role breaks down to two key areas. Infrastructure The business-critical applications are hosted within a Microsoft Azure, with an external vendor providing the support wrap.
The role will include:
- Patch management
- Disk space management
- Pro-active daily checks: including processes linked via integration
- AD management (starters /leavers)
- Local and wide area network and liaising with provider(s)
- Backups and restore testing
- Multifunctional Printer management
- Some experience with routers desirable
- Anti-Virus patching (Sophos Intercept X Endpoint)
- A basic understanding of SQL would be an advantage.
- Support IT Ticket management (prioritising calls)
- End user support
- Laptops, Desktops, NUC devices (Win10) build, management, maintain
- Handheld scanners (training provided)
- Microsoft Intune / Autopilot
- Network Policy Server
- Windows 10 Support and install
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Office 365 and administration
- Cyber Security compliance
- Database support - Training provided
- Mobile devices (Android)
- Printers; LaserJet's and label and multifunctional printers
- Patch management
- VOIP management (working with external vendor)
- Wi-Fi access points
- Procurement for IT.
Experience / Skills required:
- ITIL certification or understanding
- Understanding of IT Architecture and solutions
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role
- Experience with Freight forwarding, Transport Logistics and warehousing desirable.
- You will work Monday to Friday between 9am to 5.30pm.
Salary and Benefits details:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 30 days annual holiday
- On-site parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- £9.30 - £9.50 per hour
- 18 days ago
My client has been baking cakes for some of the UK's biggest names and most iconic brands since 1972, but at our heart we're still the same family-run artisan Lincolnshire bakery we've always been. They require a Sales/ECommerce Administrator to join their busy Team! GENERAL FUNCTION: T... Read More
Consumer Services Administrator
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £10.00 per hour
- 27 days ago
Barker Ross is recruiting for their Peterborough based for Client for a Consumer Services Administrator on a temporary to permanent basis. Working 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. £10.00 per hour. Duties to include: To provide primary telephone, e-mail and letter support for the UK end u... Read More
Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £11.80 per hour
- 11 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk to assist the Accounts Receivable team based in Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes. This will be a temporary role for 3 months with possibility to extend. Ideal skills as below: Accounts Receivable experience, Epicor or a similar AS400 s... Read More
- Halifax, West Yorkshire
- £19000 - £21000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 24 days ago
Are you an already experienced HR Assistant who is looking for a new challenge? I am looking for a dedicated and highly motivated HR Assistant to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider. You will join an already establish team at their site near Halifax. You will be requ... Read More