Our client is worldwide award-winning distribution company providing a range of collection and delivery services throughout mainland UK. Established in 1997, they operate a large, wholly owned fleet of vehicles providing nationwide and local distribution. They currently have a vacancy for a IT & Infrastructure Support desk position to be based in their IT department in Essex.
This is a multifaceted role, encompassing a wide variety for a highly skilled individual. The role breaks down to two key areas. Infrastructure The business-critical applications are hosted within a Microsoft Azure, with an external vendor providing the support wrap.
The role will include:
- Patch management
- Disk space management
- Pro-active daily checks: including processes linked via integration
- AD management (starters /leavers)
- Local and wide area network and liaising with provider(s)
- Backups and restore testing
- Multifunctional Printer management
- Some experience with routers desirable
- Anti-Virus patching (Sophos Intercept X Endpoint)
- A basic understanding of SQL would be an advantage.
- Support IT Ticket management (prioritising calls)
- End user support
- Laptops, Desktops, NUC devices (Win10) build, management, maintain
- Handheld scanners (training provided)
- Microsoft Intune / Autopilot
- Network Policy Server
- Windows 10 Support and install
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Office 365 and administration
- Cyber Security compliance
- Database support - Training provided
- Mobile devices (Android)
- Printers; LaserJet's and label and multifunctional printers
- Patch management
- VOIP management (working with external vendor)
- Wi-Fi access points
- Procurement for IT.
Experience / Skills required:
- ITIL certification or understanding
- Understanding of IT Architecture and solutions
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role
- Experience with Freight forwarding, Transport Logistics and warehousing desirable.
- You will work Monday to Friday between 9am to 5.30pm.
Salary and Benefits details:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 30 days annual holiday
- On-site parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Trainee Transport Planner
- Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- £21000 - £23000 per annum + plus bonus, pension, anual salary review
- 9 days ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business (one of the fastest growing transport companies in the UK) has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Transport Planner who is looking to develop their career within logistics. You will join an expanding, dynamic bus... Read More
Warehouse Administration Manager
- Rutland, England
- Up to £35000 per annum + plus profit share scheme
- 1 day ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Administration Manager who is looking to take that next important career. You will join a small, friendly team in Rutl... Read More
Administration Account Handler
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £9.50 per hour
- 18 days ago
Barker Ross is currently recruiting on behalf of their client for an Administration Account Handler on a temporary to permanent basis. Working Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00. Pay rate £9.50 per hour. Working in a busy and demanding environment duties to include: Processing and dealing w... Read More
Logistics Account Manager (3PL)
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Up to £28000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 11 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Logistics Account Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is a tru... Read More