I am recruiting for an outstanding opportunity to join a globally recognised business on an interim basis.
My client are the largest recycler of Steel in the UK and through using Electric Arc Steelmaking, Vacuum Induction Melting, Mill processing and our dedicated service centres, we are able to produce and supply a variety of high-value precision-engineered products for Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Industrial Engineering, Bar and Narrow Strip.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working as part of the management team, the Interim Health & Safety Advisor will lead, drive, and implement a focused strategy for High Value Manufacturing to ensure the achievement of Business Health and Safety objectives and targets.
The post-holder will maximise opportunities for the development and implementation of best practice systems that improve the control of risk in High Value Manufacturing. There will be a focus on developing and implementing a Liberty Speciality Steels Health and Safety Management System and the achievement of ISO45001.
In addition to supporting the HVM Business Unit, the Interim Health and Safety Advisor will actively contribute to the development of best practice HS standards, systems, and practices for Speciality Steels to secure the desired performance improvements across the legal entity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Interim Health & Safety Advisor will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
- Leading the development and implementation of the annual HS improvement process within the areas of responsibility, that is consistent with the Speciality Business Health & Safety improvement plan
- Establishing and coordinating the HS aspects of Operational Control, specifically;
- Developing and promoting the 'Safety Pyramid', ensuring hazards are continuously identified and closed
- Advising Plant Managers which daily/weekly metrics to review in their Daily Operations Meeting
- Ensuring Walk the Floor routines are developed and fit for purpose
- Ensuring the weekly plant HS meetings are productive
- Leading the HVM monthly HS review
- Managing and developing the members of the High Value Manufacturing HS Team, specifically accomplishing the following;
- Ensuring application of the company Health & Safety policy and standards in a way that is consistent with the Speciality Steels organisation and arrangements
- Establishing best practice Health & Safety standards, systems and practices within areas of responsibility and promoting their implementation for the wider benefit of the business
- Ensuring that emergency plans are maintained and are effective within High Value Manufacturing
- Providing a professional health and safety advisory service within the High Value Manufacturing team that supports managers in their health and safety responsibilities
- Leading and contributing to the development of the Speciality Steels Health & Safety Management System, including standards and instructions
- Monitoring HS systems and processes for compliance and continuous improvement
- Maintaining the relationship and acting as primary point of contact with Regulators (HSE, Competent Authority) and recognised representative bodies, in respect to HS affecting employees and contractors
- In the event of a serious accident within the area, actively leading and directing the accident investigation to ensure all potential learnings are identified and acted upon
The Interim Health and Safety Advisor will hold the following duties and responsibilities;
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent, and with professional functionally qualifications i.e. NEBOSH Diploma and Process Safety knowledge.
- Strong strategic awareness and extensive HS experience, ideally in a heavy manufacturing industry, and have operated at management level.
- Demonstrate the vision and depth to define and articulate HS strategy and policy in a persuasive and confident manner in order to influence the senior management population within area of responsibility.
- A proven ability to engage and influence Safety Representatives to harness their contribution to improving HS performance.
- Demonstrable good verbal communication and listening skills coupled
- Numerate, with good analytical skills
- Determined, quality orientated, organised and disciplined
- Able to uphold and maintain systems/standards
- Change Agent, willing to challenge the status quo.
- 35 days holiday
- Up to 16% combined pension contribution
- Access to Occupational Health
- Career progression
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.