Our Client is a Hospice specialising in palliative care inpatient unit, based in Bedford . They provide care and support for people who are living with life-limiting conditions, as well as supporting their families. They require a Head Chef to join them on a regular basis from Mid April 2021.
The shifts will be 7.15am to 3.15pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and alternate weekends, with a 30 minute unpaid break each day
The main purpose of the role is to, To manage the kitchen and its staff and prepare and cook meals to a high standard and to the standard set by the client and to reports into the Head of Support Services. The post is also responsible for the line management of all catering staff on site.
There is also the responsibility to:
- Clinical / Technical Responsibility: To ensure all food is planned, prepared and stored according to the Clients policies and procedures
- Clinical Governance / Quality: To provide a catering service according to the Clients standards and regulatory body requirements
- Managerial Responsibilities: To provide catering service within available resources
- Training and Development: To attend mandatory training as required
Duties will include the following:
- Plan weekly menus in consultation with Head of Support Services and Service Users
- Ensure that all food is correctly and safely prepared and stored
- Ensure food is presented in a way which meets agreed standards
- Ensure that all catering staff follow all policies and procedures
- Development of systems to ensure all equipment is left clean at end of shift
- Ensure recording of cleaning and equipment maintenance schedules is in line with the clients policies and procedures
Reporting of equipment faults or concerns in line with agreed local procedures, there will also be a budgeted responsibility.
Desirable skill sets for the role include:
- Experience of meeting nutritional needs and requirements on an individual basis.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work closely with service users and communicate effectively with them
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrable skills in cooking for large groups of people essential and an ability to cater for varying dietary needs desirable
- Demonstrates a desire to work within a care setting and a flexible approach to catering is essential
- Experience of working in a health and social care setting desirable
- IT literate
- Level 3 Food Hygiene essential, level 4 desirable
- City and Guilds 706/707 1&2 or 7100 or NVQ 3 in general catering/equivalent
- Previous experience of managing kitchens
- Knowledge of regulation, g. COSSH, Health & Safety, HACCP
NVQ / SVQ Level 4 General Catering or equivalent desirable
This role does have the opportunity to go permanent, however salary bandings would apply in this instance to the nature of the Business.
if you feel this is the role for you, please send your CV in the first instance....
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available