Our client is one of the largest recyclers of steel in the UK. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, Interim Assistant Accountant for a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Interim Assistant Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the provision of General Ledger accounting services for central finance in line with required KPIs and service levels.
- Ensure financial information is provided on a timely basis to allow sufficient time for review by business partners and project leaders whilst maintaining full compliance with reporting deadlines set by Group Reporting and Control.
- Ownership of several balance sheet accounts in the reconciliation process on the financial ledger system
- Assistance with year-end statutory reporting requirements as requested
- Assistance with VAT and EU reporting on the financial system
- Assistance with financial compliance checks of businesses within the group
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for management review
- Assistance with month end system procedures, e.g. ledger opening and closing, mapping scheme/integration transaction, and master data maintenance.
- Other ad hoc projects relating to the Finance Department as and when required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with nominated internal and external customers to facilitate achievement of service levels and KPIs.
- Support Reporting & Compliance section manager in identifying any problem issues within the nominal ledgers for specific businesses and ensure appropriate and timely escalation to facilitate prompt resolution.
The successful Interim Assistant Accountant will demonstrate solid accounting knowledge and ability, as well as competency with Microsoft Office packages, particularly with VLookUps and Pivot tables on Microsoft Excel.
Benefits for the Interim Assistant Accountant role include:
£25,000 per annum pro rata
35 days holiday pro rata
Competitive pension scheme
If you are interested in the Interim Assistant Accountant role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Interim Senior Cash Management Associate 6 month FTC
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Up to £40000 per annum
- 29 days ago
Our client is one of the largest recyclers of steel in the UK. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, Interim Senior Cash Management Associate for a 6 month fixed term contract. The Interim Senior Cash Management Associate will have the following responsibilities: Res... Read More
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Up to £44000 per annum + 35 days hol
- 29 days ago
Our client is one of the largest recyclers of steel in the UK. They now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, Management Accountant This is a multi-site role and the successful candidate will need to be able to travel between their Sheffield and Rotherham sites, with the pote... Read More
Temp to Contract Finance Assistant Maternity Cover
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- £20000 - £25000 per annum
- 20 days ago
Our client is a highly successful manufacturing company in Leicester. Due to maternity cover they are now looking to recruit an experienced Finance Assistant initially on a temporary basis with a view to it extending to permanent / maternity cover contract The Finance Assistant will be ... Read More
Qualified Finance Manager
- Biggleswade, Bedfordshire
- £40000 - £60000 per annum + pension
- 26 days ago
We are recruiting an experienced Qualified Finance Manager to join a leading food distribution company Our client is a highly regarded business and has been established for many years serving the restaurant, food service, manufacturing and wholesale sectors. You will be responsible for ... Read More