To carry out H&S checks and facilities management pertaining to the building.
Key responsibilities/ deliverables
1. To assist the Support Team to provide information and advice to service users in order to assist them in establishing and maintaining their tenancy, including:
o Understanding their rights and responsibilities under their tenancy agreement
o Reporting repairs
o Procedures for reporting and resolving complaints
o Financial planning and access to benefits
o Accessing housing, social care and health services
2. To ensure room checks and housekeeping void procedures are followed and that voids are kept to a minimum.
3. To ensure that tenancy/licence is upheld and that breaches are dealt with according to the warnings and evictions, arrears, anti-social behavior and harassment policies as relevant.
4. To empower service users to adhere to house rules including those relating to visitors and guests, cleaning of common areas and noise.
5. To carry out designated H&S checks and facilities management of the building and liaise with internal departments as necessary.
6. To ensure the safety, security and cleanliness of the project, including adherence with internal policies and procedures and reporting repairs where necessary.
7. To complete incident and safeguarding reports where necessary and discuss actions with the Team Leader.
8. To promote user participation by providing information and advise choices to enable residents to participate more fully in decisions relating to them. To assist service users in providing feedback on services through meetings, the complaints procedure, suggestions and the use of questionnaires and focus groups.
9. To work in partnership and build effective relationships with external agencies and the wider community in order to ensure delivery of the required support to service users and to promote and develop A2D's business aims and objectives.
10. To undertake continuous professional development by updating knowledge and skills, attending relevant training and participating in the Group's performance management processes.
11. To commit to and work in line with A2D's Corporate Values and relevant Policies and Procedures at all times.
Direct reports: None
Indirect reports: When required, mentor/assist agency and new staff.
Key internal contacts
Care and Support, Housing, Income, HR, Finance and Property Services
Key external contacts
Clients, partner agencies (e.g. police, social services, IDVA, other support/refuge providers, local authority housing departments, family centres), commissioners, stakeholder forums, other statutory services (e.g. schools/colleges, health centres, probation service).
Operating environment/ dimensions
You will be part of an on-site team rota which is based in Oxford.
Typical day in this role
* Shifts between 8am and 8pm, from Monday to Friday, maximum 35 hours a week
* Handover with night staff every day on arrival
* Working on shift with one other member of staff
* Ensuring building maintenance, health and safety requirements including regular inspections and monitoring
* Highlighting any necessary building repairs
* Checking clients' welfare; making sure that each client is seen twice a day
* Monitoring every visit and preventing any unauthorised entry to the building
* Responsible for following safeguarding procedures and reporting safeguarding concerns to relevant agencies (for example calling GP, etc.)
Information about the service
* It is a support base service for clients affected by homelessness
* 37 bed unit for people with complex needs who experienced homelessness trauma
* Clients are vulnerable adults some of them have mental health issues, drug and alcohol issues or may have experienced domestic abuse
Most challenging aspects of this role
Client group with complex needs; clients may be at times intoxicated
* Can think outside the box
* Able to maintain professional boundaries
* People person
* A person who has background working with clients affected by homelessness would be ideal for this role
* Candidates who have experience in care and support setting, working with vulnerable adults
* Maths and English at C grade
* Social care qualifications
Summary of essential criteria for this role
* Enhanced DBS
* Experience working with vulnerable adults
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available