A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced Import Operator, to join a highly professional, well established and rapidly expanding freight solutions provider. You will join a hard-working team in Bristol and form part of the dynamic Air & Ocean department.
- Receiving bookings from customers / agents
- Raising files on an in-house software system
- Preparation of clearance instructions
- Speaking to shipping lines / carriers
- Checking vessel arrival dates
- Maintaining customer spreadsheets where required
- Ensuring correct documentation is presented / obtained
- Raising invoices to customers / agents
- Raising duty / vat invoices
- File queries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Ocean and Air Import processes is essential
- Experience of Customs procedures, including Duty/Vat process is required
- Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Package - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
This is a great platform from which to develop your professional career within an exciting industry and for a business that has experienced continued year on year growth.
For immediate consideration please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.