We are recruiting for an experienced ICT Solutions Delivery Manager to join a leading public sector client based in the West Midlands. This role is offered on a fixed term contract basis until March 2021. The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the design, planning, building, and transitioning of all technology change programmes and projects.
£53,338 starting salary rising to a maximum of £65,043 depending upon experience
Possibility of contract extension
- To lead a technology solution delivery team with responsibility for managing the technical delivery of multiple technical project work packages including the management of direct reports, associated systems, and processes to achieve the required business outcomes in accordance with policies and practices and industry best practice.
- To be a core member of ICT's Intelligent Client Function (ICF). As such, a key influencer and decision maker in respect of ICT governance, strategy, planning, assurance and standard setting, both internally with key stakeholders and externally in driving maximum value from strategic supplier relationships.
- To work with the Transformation Team, to be accountable for developing long-term technology strategies and roadmaps, providing business plans including cost estimates, managing relationships with multiple business stakeholders and understanding business drivers and the future direction of the business.
- To lead the structured delivery (e.g. implementing ITIL best practice for change) of technology solutions to meet business needs ensuring that demanding timelines are met and performance internally and externally (via suppliers) is managed so that all aspects of solution delivery are timely, communicated, resourced appropriately and value for money ensured.
- To ensure the management and control of allocated portfolios expenditure within agreed budgets and financial management arrangements.
- To ensure that liaison takes place and relationships are maintained with other directorates, functional managers and stakeholders so as to understand their needs of the allocated portfolio and to ensure they are fully informed of allocated portfolio's objectives, purposes and achievements.
- To understand ICT trends and forecast future infrastructure requirements through close liaison with the Customer Service Manager and Technical Architect.
- To forecast and maintain expenditure for the Technical Delivery portfolio, including the development and management of capital and revenue business plans.
- To represent professionally and promote our reputation at meetings both internally and externally including the development of appropriate partnerships with Suppliers and Specialists.
- To lead negotiation and consultation on matters relevant to allocated portfolio
- To provide people leadership to all allocated teams to maximise performance through effective people management strategies including talent management, staff development, coaching, mentoring and succession planning.
- To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- To lead a team, managing their welfare and development and ensuring high levels of motivation.
- To monitor and manage the performance of the team, identify and address issues and improve team/individual performance, ensuring adherence to professional standards.
- To assess individual capabilities and development needs and agree appropriate development plans to enable high performance and potential progression.
- To co-ordinate the work of the team, directing activities, monitoring progress and managing competing demands and priorities to ensure the best use of available resources.
- To supervise and monitor the handling of information and record keeping, ensuring alignment with legislation, policies and guidance.
- To monitor and report on team expenditure to ensure the efficient use of available budgets and maximise value for money.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and practices within own area of work in order to identify and implement opportunities for change and innovation and enable continuous improvement.
- To be educated to degree level (Level 6) or equivalent in a related ICT discipline or have substantial relevant knowledge gained through direct experience in a complex, multi-supplier ICT environment.
- Current ITIL certified, or equivalent framework experience.
- Programme and Project management qualification or substantial experience.
- Professional management qualification.
- Strong technical knowledge and exposure to a wide range of technology platforms and solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant Guidelines.
- Successful management of large scale ICT programmes and projects including responsibility for budgets circa £5M.
- Substantial experience of successfully enabling organisational change through development and delivery of ICT strategy and associated solutions.
- Proven experience of effective collaboration across a number of teams to deliver objectives and plans within agreed timescales, demonstrating effective leadership skills and the ability to quickly gain credibility within a large organisation.
- Experience of target setting, both internally and externally and evaluation for performance improvement.
- A track record of developing strong working relationships with a wide number of stakeholders, internal and external.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous process improvements.
- Proven analytical skills which take into account interdependencies and demonstrate the ability to balance potential risks posed to an organisation in terms of ICT infrastructure and operational effectiveness.
- High level of Customer/User engagement.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills.
- High level of communication and influencing skills.
- Have exceptional skills built on a combination of great listening, empathy, insight and intellect.
- Commercially astute, perpetually focussed on the 'service vs cost' balance.
If you are interested in the ICT Solutions Delivery Manager role please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Stock/ Inventory Administrator
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- Up to £10.07 per hour + plus overtime
- about 12 hours ago
My Client is currently recruiting for a Stock/Inventory Administrator to ensure that suitable controls and systems are followed in line with there current managment system, in regard to inventory and materials managment. Ideally you will need to have experiance in monitoring and control... Read More