Our client is a highly successful, rapidly growing, dynamic food manufacturing company in Milton Keynes
Due to continued success and growth they are now looking to recruit a Hygiene Supervisor who will be supporting the Technical Manager in ensuring the highest standards of hygiene are consistently achieved within the Food Production and factory areas, ensuring health and food safety legal compliance and GMP standards are adhered to at all times. The hours are 40 hours a week typically Sun-Thu 2-10 or could be nights if preferred and a long day on Wednesday for cleaning 6-6.
Responsibilities for the Hygiene Supervisor will include:
- Maintain and develop Food Hygiene Documentation: ensuring Customer and Auditing bodies requirements are met and that all Hygiene documentation is completed and return to the Technical Manager.
- Maintaining the Hygiene Management System, ensuring trends are identified, reported and corrective actions implemented.
- Plan and assist with both Internal and External Audits, ensuring they are carried out in a timely manner and corrective actions are followed up.
- Ensure all staff have a clear understanding and are meeting the company Food hygiene standards and quality practices, whilst ensuring the H&S for all working practices is adhered to.
- Planning, implementation and analysis of hygiene policies and Standard Operating Procedures in line with Chemical Suppliers' requirements.
- Develop and maintain Work Instructions and Cleaning Schedules, identifying labour requirements for each task, ensuring all staff are competently trained.
- Maintain and improve Hygiene Standards and Practices
- Production of Weekly Hygiene Report in line with KPIs
- Maintain Training Records and Matrix to ensure all staff are competently trained and are able to achieve all targets.
- Maintain Hygiene records for cleans and testing, including investigation and analysis of trends.
- Manage stock and contracts for all cleaning and chemical products including PPE, equipment and related services.
- Maintaining actions and records from Cleaning Chemical Supplier visits.
- Placing orders for cleaning supplies.
- Carry out swabbing as required
The successful Hygiene Supervisor will be used to working in a food manufacturing environment with excellent communication and team building skills. You will be able to demonstrate good hygiene experience from within a food manufacturing background, together with a good knowledge of Risk Assessments, food industry hygiene working practices, including BRC, corrective action closures, internal auditing and food cleaning chemicals.
Qualifications and experience required include:
- Experience of working in a similar role within food manufacturing
- Knowledge of HACCP Food Hygiene and Microbiology
- Risk Assessments
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, effective planner, attention to detail and articulate manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Computer literate and able to generate schedules and CIC cards
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work patterns and adapt to changing cleaning windows
Benefits for the Hygiene Supervisor role include:
£28,000 - £33,000 per annum
28 days holiday
On site parking
If you are interested in the Hygiene Supervisor role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available