Human Resources Manager
Salary £30,000k-£40,000k DOE
My client is a full-service logistics provider specialising in contract packing, with over 300,000 sq. ft of warehousing space. They provide a complete warehousing solution to their clients including imports, storage, contract packing, pick/pack, and UK/Worldwide distribution. They operate in several market sectors including fashion, food, retail, gift, garden, print, point of sale, DIY and wholesale.
They pride themselves on offering a first-class service providing solutions to both their contract packing and logistic clients with a difference; our client puts people first and are passionate about providing their clients with deep technical and industry insights that deliver real and measurable results - with pragmatism.
Our client has an exciting and unique opportunity has for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join this prestigious and progressive business in Leicestershire. The Human Resources Manager is required to work with the key internal stakeholders to support the continued growth in activity levels and meet client demands.
What will you be doing?
This challenging and varied opportunity will support and take full ownership of the Human Resources department. They are looking for an HR Manager who can make their company a prime employment destination for the top talent in our industry. The HR Manager will be responsible for evaluating employee programmes, recommending improvements to employee relations policies, and making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with our corporate goals and established regulations.
The successful candidate will be organised, focused and flexible, with a strong track record of working in HR. A flexible approach to working hours is essential as there will be a requirement for shift work and the occasion weekend work to prioritise demanding workload. The role will report to the Managing Director.
Day to day your responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Manage all employee related casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Advise and support the department teams on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Continue developing the HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implement learning and development policy across the business.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing policies and benefits for all employees.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Work with the Senior Management Team on pay reward strategy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
Support the recruitment process - this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
- Keeping accurate HR records for reporting and audit purposes.
- Managing and enforcing compliance across the teams with established policies and procedures.
- Ad-hoc general administrative duties and act as the primary point of contact for key stakeholders.
So, what Our client is looking for?
- Strong Literacy and Numerical skills - Essential requirement for this role.
- 3+ years' experience in a human resources supervisory position
- A high-level of self-confidence and self-motivation with the ability to work on your own initiative and manage their workload.
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale.
- Comprehensive understanding of employment laws.
- Diligent, structured, and organised approach to work - with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- A positive and 'can-do' attitude with logical problem-solving skills together with someone who takes pride in their work and is thorough and has an attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills - proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong command of the English language (both written and verbal) along with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on your own.
Our client believes that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation, and value for our clients and for their people. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.
So, what's in it for you?
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
- The chance to operate at the forefront of our business and industry.
- Opportunity to make a real difference and contribute to the long-term success of the business.
- Be part of the Senior Management Team and drive change.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available