I am currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a Global business, which is innovative and forward thinking and going from strength to strength. It's an ideal time to join a fast growing business and really make a difference.
I am recruiting for a Health, safety & environmental Manager to lead the development and implementation of the annual Health and Safety improvement process within the areas of responsibility that is consistent with the Businesses Health and Safety improvement plan.
- Establish and coordinate Health and Safety PDCA meetings in the area of responsibility as vehicles for managing improvements in Health and Safety activity.
- Ensure application of the company Health and Safety policy and standards in a way that is consistent with the organisation and arrangements.
- Establish best practice Health and Safety standards, systems and practices within areas of responsibility and promote their implementation for the wider benefit of the Business.
- Ensure that emergency plans are maintained and are effective within the site.
- Provide a professional health and safety advisory service within the site that supports managers in their health and safety responsibilities.
- Lead and contribute to the development of the Health and Safety Management System including standards and instructions.
- Monitor health and safety systems and processes for compliance and continuous improvement
- Maintain the relationship between the regulators (HSE, Competent Authority) and area.
- Maintain relationships with the recognised representative bodies, in respect to health and safety matters affecting employees and contractors.
- In the event of a serious accident in the area, actively lead and direct the accident investigation to ensure all potential learnings are identified and acted upon.
- Contribute to the Health and Safety training and development of local managers to ensure their competence to meet corporate and legal accountabilities.
- Undertake statistical analysis and monitoring of safety information to enable identification of causes and trends on site.
The Health and Safety Lead is expected to:
- Support the business in the development of that strategy and deliver positive Health and Safety results from its implementation within the areas of responsibility.
- Become part of the Management team for his/her area of responsibility and as such will discharge their responsibilities as part of that team.
- Provide a total Health and Safety service to the areas of responsibility to support the drive for accident and injury improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree standard, or equivalent and with professional functionally qualifications i.e. NEBOSH Diploma and Process Safety knowledge.
- The jobholder must have strong strategic awareness and extensive Health and Safety experience, ideally from a heavy engineering background, and have operated at management level for a minimum of five years.
- The jobholder must demonstrate the vision and depth to define and articulate Health and Safety strategy and policy in a persuasive and confident manner in order to influence the senior management population within area of responsibility.
- The jobholder will have the proven ability to engage and influence Safety Representatives to harness their contribution to improving Health and Safety performance.
For more information please contact Nicole Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.