A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an HR Officer at a leading provider of technical services for the automotive and manufacturing industries based in Coventry.
This position is responsible for delivering proactive advice and support to the Site Management team, enabling them to undertake key HR activities, in line with Company policy, best practice and employment law. This position will also assist the Central HR Team in rolling out HR initiatives and activities across the site.
The HR Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide advice and guidance to the Site Management Team on a range of employee relations matters, including:
- Disciplinary investigations, meetings and appeals (up to Final Written Warning)
- Grievance investigations and meetings
- Performance management
- Sickness absence, short and long term
- Unauthorised absence
- Family Friendly Leave, including maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and flexible working requests
- Support with recruitment campaigns for hourly and salaried vacancies, ensuring they are progressed without delay and in line with best practice, company values and employment law.
- Deliver on-boarding programmes for all new salaried starters, ensuring a comprehensive and consistent approach is taken.
- Responsible for ensuring that the appropriate contractual documentation, as prepared by the Site Administrator, is issued to employees in relation to appointments, terminations and variations to terms and conditions, in line with statutory timescales.
- Providing direction to the site administrator regarding all contractual documentation.
- Undertake regular audits of personnel files to ensure compliance with Employment Law and company policies.
- Conduct exit interviews for leavers and co-ordinate regular reports and analysis relating to staff retention.
- Provide weekly / monthly trackers, reports and statistics to site management and the central HR function.
- Establish and build collaborative and productive relationships with all management, employees and site trade union representatives.
- Support the roll out of communications (both from site and from the central HR function), information sharing and any related activities
- Produce HR reports and correspondence ensuring compliance with Employment Law and the Company's standard HR templates for the Site Management Team.
- Coaching and empowering managers to build and develop engaged and effective teams.
- Undertake HR audits, identifying any actions and agree a follow-up plan with the key stakeholders.
- At all times work in a safe manner particularly and wear the appropriate PPE as required.
- Support the Site Management Team in rolling out HR projects and initiatives
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practice.
- Any such duties as reasonably requested by the Plant Manager or the Central HR Team.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Part CIPD qualified.
- Previous experience of working in an HR generalist role.
- Proven experience in managing high volume employee relations casework.
- Thorough up to date knowledge of current employment law and HR best practice
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Employment Law) or CIPD Qualified.
- Previous experience of working within a unionised, manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of current employment law.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry.
Salary for this role is £28,000 per annum.
Working hours for this role are 40hrs p/w, Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550