An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced HR professional to join a company that is a Market Leader in Meat Processing. The role is full-time, permanent based at their site in Bedfordshire.
As a HR Manager you will work at both a strategic and operational level in a fully generalist HR role. Working as a key part of the site management team, you will deliver a first-class HR service, by working in partnership with the site management team, to establish, maintain, and improve people management practices and skills, drive a positive company culture, and ensure alignment of our people policies and processes, in order to successfully deliver the site HR plan.
- To work in partnership with the Site Ops Manager to formulate and implement a Site Workforce Planning Strategy, in relation to managing overall staffing budgets, site salary structures and benefits, holiday planning and succession planning, development, and promotion.
- To manage all Site recruitment and onboarding activities, ensuring the provision of a responsive high-quality recruitment service and the completion of all recruitment related documentation.
- Provide expert HR advice to the Site management team, ensuring that company employment policies and procedures are interpreted in line with employment legislation and are implemented fairly and consistently.
- Work with senior Site managers to develop an action plan to improve staff engagement across the Site.
- To oversee the production of a Site workforce metrics and HR KPIs, interpret and analyse site performance, identifying and communicating areas of concern, liaising with senior Site management to implement action plans to improve performance and achieve Site targets.
- Facilitate coaching and development support for Site managers to improve their skills in managing staff.
- To act as a specialist resource, to the Site, providing advice on highly complex employee relation issues such as Disciplinary, Grievance, Sickness absence, Performance management, Appeals, Harassment/bullying issues.
- To have responsibility for the support, training, and development of the Site HR team, including recruitment, annual Site reviews, PDPs, sickness, and performance management to improve the overall performance of the team and maintain professional standards.
- To work with Site managers to identify retention difficulties (site hotspots) and develop and implement targeted strategies / actions to resolve.
- To work with the Site Senior Team on upskilling and succession planning to provide opportunities for promotion and advancement for staff across the Site.
- To provide direction and support to Site Management and employees on all matters relating to employment, benefits, and welfare matters, including advice on compensation and benefits.
- A Minimum of 3 years' experience managing a HR function, ideally within a fast paced and challenging food processing, manufacturing, or logistics environment.
- CIPD training completed with accreditation at Associate level or above.
- Ability to manage complex Employee Relations Issues.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of employment legislation and adopting best practice.
- Displays excellent coaching skills, as well as the ability to build productive relationships and maintain credibility at all levels.
- Demonstrates an efficient, highly organised, and structured style of working.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven success of influencing senior management.
- Proven ability to build and develop a high performing HR team.
This role requires you to be on site 5 days a week however their maybe some level of flexibility.
The Salary for this position is £50,000
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!