A fantastic opportunity has become available for a HR Business Partner to join a forward thinking and fast-growing food/FMCG company in the Park Royal area in London. This is a fixed 1 Year Contract working 3 days a week. (Maternity Cover)
Our client has grown consistently and with growth always comes opportunities for those involved. Even with their growth, they still hold onto the values they instilled as a fledgling company. They not only pride themselves on what they produce, but they always endeavour to maintain a healthy environment to work in, which is clearly reflected in the retention levels of our staff across the company.
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievance
- Work closely with management and employee to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR policy guidance
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals
- Evaluate training programs
- Suggest new HR strategies
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of Employment and knowledge share best practice with them
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes
- Provides first line of advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Administer Payroll and Payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changed
- Carry out new starter inductions
- Drive alignment between HR Strategies and Business Goals
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
- Support change management processes
- Absence management including absence administration, supporting managers with return to work interviews and follow-up actions, responding to staff queries, annual leave applications and supporting the provision of absence reporting and statistics through the HR system.
- Prepare contracts of employment, and manage the new starter process including pre-employment checks, medical screening and right to work
- Setting up starters into new HR files and closing leaver files
- Manage the entire leaver process including undertaking exit interviews and providing feedback to managers.
- Provide administrative support for reference, mortgage/letting queries or employee detail changes.
- Working closely with the external HR Consultant to support the delivery of specific projects.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities that may be reasonably expected within the nature of the post on an ad hoc basis.
- Proven work experience as an HR Business Partner
- Excellent People Management Skills
- Analytical and Goal Orientated
- Thorough knowledge of Employment law
- Performance Management
- High level of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The flexibility and willingness to learn
- To enjoy working with people and part of a team
- Tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel
Salary is £21,000 - working 3 days a week, 9am - 5pm. (Maternity Cover) Plus pension and other excellent benefits.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.