Are you an already experienced HR Assistant who is looking for a new challenge?
I am looking for a dedicated and highly motivated HR Assistant to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider. You will join an already establish team at their site near Halifax. You will be required to deliver a professional and efficient HR administration service working alongside the HR team. You will join them on a full-time, fixed term basis for 3 months initially, however for the right candidate there could be an opportunity for this to be extended or even made permanent.
- Consistently delivering a professional HR administration service to all site operations and the HR team.
- Work jointly with the HR Advisor & Business Partner to ensure that all administrative aspects are managed efficiently and professionally.
- Provide administration support for the people process including new starters, leavers, employee changes, employee relations processes and rewards and benefits.
- Supporting with keeping absence within the company targets.
- Working with managers to ensure all returns to work are completed after any period of absence.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all managers are aware of and continue to adhere to the company policies and procedures effectively, treating employees fairly in line with best practices and legislative requirements whilst continuing to always meet the needs of the business.
- Forming recommendations for improvements in processes and practices.
- Providing guidance for all colleagues whilst under the guidance of the HR Advisor and HR Business Partner.
- Responding to employee and financial reference requests.
- Maintaining, managing whist updating organisation charts through the HR Team SharePoint and electronic filing systems.
- Contributing to ad hoc projects as part of the HR Team.
- Coordinating the recruitment and onboarding process for specified vacancies.
Skills and experience required for a HR Assistant:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Knowledge and a solid understanding of Microsoft products.
- Commercial awareness.
- Highly organised individual with prior experience working within a HR department.
- Commitment towards the team and able to work with them collectively as well as work independently.
- Experience of working with HR systems to maintain records and carry out system changes.
- Experience in talent acquisition and creating resource plans.
- Experience of Employee Relations processes and engagement with stakeholders.
Salary for this opportunity is £19k-£21k (which will be pro-rata'd over the employment period).
In return, you will receive access to a variety of their excellent benefits which include, good holiday entitlement, pension scheme, online discounts, development and a solid development progression programme.
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Up to £29000 per annum
- 14 days ago
Barker Ross is currently recruiting for HR Assistant role for our client in Leicester. That is temporary position - from 1-3 months. The right candidate is required to have HR experience in dealing with high volumes of long and short term absences and maintaining absence records. The ma... Read More