Our client is a leading manufacturer of paper products in the UK and supply to major retailers nationally. They require a HR & Training Administrator to join their busy Human Resources Department and provide Administration Support to the HR Manager.
The successful Candidate will be:
- The first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
Providing a professional administrative service to the HR Department as and when required is absolutely essential.
The Main duties of the role include:
- Provide administrative service to the HR Department as and when required, including filing, data analysis and training administration
- Run the weekly payroll, creating data reports on a weekly basis for both HRM, Finance and Operations
- Create new starter and induction packs for all new starters in good time, monitoring receipt of outstanding induction documentation and right to work documentation
- To ensure HR System is kept up to date with personal details, medical appointments, are updated accurately. Passing on relevant information to the Payroll department and ensuring tracking of changes
- To deal with queries relating to the holiday system from Managers and Employees
- To deal with PDR and trial review paperwork received inputting onto excel spreadsheets
- To undertake and co-ordinate annual updates from existing employees to ensure that all contact details, next of kin, driving licences, etc details are correct and up to date.
- Provide a welcoming service to callers to the HR Department, presenting a positive and professional image of the department and the Company
- Support HRM and gain a broader knowledge of the business.
- Maintain all training data, providing monthly data to the HRM for reporting to the SMT
- Workwear ordering, documented and completed in a timely manner
- Tracking of cost incurred by the HR Department
- Support the administration of exceptional projects
- Weekly Company Shop completion on a Friday and in the absence of the HRM, cashing up.
- Ensure compliance with, data protection and confidentiality
- Gather evidence on skill gaps and work with relevant people to fill these
- Management of time and attendance system - including reports generated to Managers
- Note taker for employee issues meetings, as required.
- Assist with Recruitment and Selection process
- Completion of the training matrix - update when required and supply information to Managers as and when requested
- Report of agency costs
- Book training (internal/external) as required, sourcing training providers and coordinating bookings. Negotiate price
- Involvement with customer audits - providing documentation and evidence
- Conduct company inductions and training
- Assist in the recruitment process, liaising with recruitment agencies and candidates
- Support the business' CSR policy, contacting charities and arranging deliveries of second's stock
- Staff, Managers and Directors: - to provide confidential advice in response to day-to-day HR enquiries, ensuring the HRM is kept informed of such enquiries, to help ensure consistency of information relayed
- Finance Department - in relation to new starters / internal changes / leavers
- Members of the SMT: - to work as a member of the HR team to ensure the effective operation of the Department by providing administration support to all team members
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
- Identify and recommend new ways of working which benefit my client
- Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit
- Provide necessary KPI data in a timely fashion as required
- Other duties required to meet the prevailing needs of the business
- Pre-empt issues through effective communication
- Plan for periods of increase volume and exceptional projects
- Ensure that the "housekeeping" is up to date
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues
- Attend regular seminars to maintain professional knowledge (CPD)
Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
- Understand the basics of the production environment with in a Manufacturing Environment
- Understand SOPs and suggest improvements where applicable
- Report all H&S issues in keeping with company procedure.
- Complete audits as required
Person specification - Who you need to be
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent management skills
- Innovative thinker
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible - a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates "can do" attitude
- Commercially aware
- Leads by example, but effective delegator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable H&S Coordinator/Administrator experience with a proven track record of continuous improvement.
- Ideally qualified to Level 3 CIPD / or by experience
- Excellent communication skills, ideally with some previous training experience.
- IOSH qualified desirable or willing work towards H&S qualification.
- Confident user of MS Office (particularly Excel)
Flexible approach to work and hours
If you are looking for a new path and the opportunity to develop your career, we would love to hear from you and we welcome you to send over your CV for us to consider.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.