My Client is a leading European Packaging Company and requires a HR & Payroll Officer to join their expanding business, and busy friendly Human Resources Team
Reporting the HR Business Partner, the successful candidate will be based in Burnley. The role entails:
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the employment process.
- Orientating new employees and training existing employees.
- Monitoring employee performance.
- Providing counselling on policies and procedures.
- Ensuring meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- Assist in the running of payrolls.
- Input and check all payroll hours and data.
- Input new starters and finalise leavers.
- Communicating with staff about issues affecting their performance.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in electronic and digital format.
- Maintain employee's records including change of address, bank details, departments, salary and shift pay.
- Check overtime received and collate weekly data into a format to pay monthly.
- Assist in answering of payroll queries.
- Produce weekly overtime reports, while questioning any high amounts of overtime.
- Assist, where necessary, with any other duties that arise.
- Provide advice to Line Management and support them with employee issues.
Your principle accountability's will be:
- You will hold a wealth of generalist HR knowledge and experience, including a proven ability to conduct all aspects of recruitment, the ability to successfully support managers with employee's issues such as, disciplinary, grievance, absence and performance management and have proven skills in developing and producing analytic reports.
- Manage & develop all payroll processes working alongside the UK Flex Payroll Manager.
- Cross check data & payroll instructions for parity and conduct monthly pay audits.
- Review and improve the HR / Payroll processes in preparation for the implementation of a new payroll / time and attendance solution whilst ensuring engagement with key stakeholder across the business.
- Develop & manage employer pension records and data. Manage pension administration services in partnership with the pension provider.
- Provide business information and analysis including pay modelling, statutory pay reporting, management information reports for senior managers committees e.g. quarterly balanced scorecard and employer communications with trade unions and employees.
Person specification - Who you need to be:
- Highly accurate
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and never miss them
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times
- Excellent project management skills
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Friendly, approachable and flexible - a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates "can do" attitude
- Commercially aware
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage
If you are loking for an excellent oppurtunity to progress with a dynamic organisation, please send your CV in the first instance to....
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available