Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: HR Administrator - Twickenham, 2-4 months, £22-24kpa, full time 37.5 hours per week.
Responsible for providing a responsive and effective administration service as part of the Resources Team
- To act as first point of contact for enquiries by phone, letter and in person to the Central Office, responding either directly or by signposting
- Service internal meetings, such as Trustee Meetings, Senior Management Team Meetings and confidential HR meetings by taking and distributing minutes, agendas and papers, booking and preparing rooms
- Keep informed of changes in legislation and policy on relevant administration
- Provide administrative support to other departments of the organisation as required, including volunteering, senior management and finance
- Liaise with IT and phone providers to ensure a smooth and effective service is provide
- Contribute to the smooth running of the central office
- Ensure that the central office runs smoothly, arranging maintenance and liaising with Landlords as appropriate
- Oversee day to day maintenance of the photocopier, fax, telephones, computers and internet facility
- Produce, order and issue ancillary equipment and documents, such as mobile telephones, ID cards and business cards
- Ensure that all aspects of the head office are run in accordance with current Health & Safety legislation and best practice, liaising with external contacts including the buildings management and agents, whilst managing all of the day to day office contracts
- Assist with the procurement and management of all office services and materials such as stationery, kitchenware and office refreshments within specified budgets
- Manage the central petty cash tin, including the use of Oyster cards
- Maintain stationery supplies and oversee postage
- Oversee purchasing for the organisation in line with the financial procedures
- Be responsible for information management, ensuring all information is appropriately filed and systems, both electronic and paper, are kept up to date
- Maintain and update the organisation's internal records, including funding, HR and Trustee Board records and general filing to a high standard
- Assist in processing statistics and monitoring
- Participate in staff management and support systems in line with policies and procedures, including induction, supervision, appraisal and training audits
- Take part in business and strategic planning for the organisation as and when directed
- Undertake other duties as required by the line manager in keeping with the responsibility of the post
- Experience of providing hr administrative support
- Experience of health and safety
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Good time management
- Ability to represent the company appropriately at all times, and work professionally with external agencies
- Solid IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email and the willingness to learn how to use new IT applications, and to support colleagues with their IT needs
- Ability to develop and manage administrative systems
- Good written skills, including minute taking and report writing
- Understanding of the causes and pathways out of homelessness
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Understanding of equal opportunities and how it can be applied within
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in the work place
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.