Our client is looking for a housing management coordinator who will be foreseeing things in an independent living setting for the elderly age of 60 and above.
Position Available: Housing Management Co-ordinator - South West London (Putney), £9.26ph 37.5hrs
- To be responsible for your own health and welfare and work with colleagues and clients to ensure that the working environment is safe
- Actively follow Home's Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training or development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area.
- To understand and follow all relevant policies and procedures that impact on learning activities
- To participate in all reasonable training, learning and development activity designed to support you in performing your role and supporting the development of your team.
- To promote equality, diversity and inclusion as an integral aspect of working for the client and lead by example in both actions and behaviours
- The role will involve regular local and occasional regional or national travel
- To undertake any further duties as requested by your Line Manager commensurate with the level of your post.
- Work flexibly to meet client need and on a rota or shift basis (which could include weekends) in relevant service
- Experience of working within supported/social housing, property management or care/criminal justice setting.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with 3rd party care and support providers and superior landlords.
- Experience of co-ordinating or developing other workers.
- Experience of overseeing landlord and housing management duties, including re-letting of rooms, collection of rents and reporting and monitoring repairs.
- Experience of taking formal tenancy action, up to and including court proceedings.
- Basic understanding of housing law i.e. tenancies, evictions etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries, and to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work within a case load management framework; participate in team and 121 reflective practice sessions and provide feedback and support to colleagues with the aim of continuous personal and service development.
- Experience of working as part of a team and ability to work independently.
- Ability to liaise with other colleagues and internal and external partners.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance, housing management and health and safety.
- Ability to complete spreadsheets, and to follow set processes and routines.
- The ability to use IT systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to implement safe practice in accordance with risk assessment processes.
- Ability to recognise risk and implement safeguarding procedures and refer to statutory agencies where appropriate.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision is essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work professionally in the workplace.
- Ability to manage difficult situations and to use initiative.
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake self-development and training.
- Ability to understand and work with diverse cultures
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.