Our client is a large charity that support adults and young people with a history of homelessness and complex needs all over London.
Position Available: Homeless Prevention Caseworker - Enfield, full time 37.5 hours per week, £13.20 per hour.
We are currently recruiting for three Homeless Relief and Prevention Caseworkers, to work in the Enfield area. The service provides effective, high quality support to help prevent or relieve homelessness, assist service users to secure settled accommodation and sustain their tenancies.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM. Cover is required for 3 months, with the possibility of extension. The pay rate for this role is £13.20 per hour, with £1.59 holiday pay, totalling £14.79 per hour. Please note, this role is working from home.
In this position, you will be expected to;
- Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments that lead to focused and co-produced Personal Housing Plans
- Minimise risk to clients by identifying, reporting and following up any safeguarding concerns.
- Provide support to help prevent or relieve homelessness and assist service users to sustain subsequent tenancies for at least eight months
- Work effectively with the local housing options team to ensure clients referred to the service are suitable and where not, why this is the case
- Assist service users to develop life skills and partake in meaningful occupation activities to promote increased independence and involvement with the community
To apply for this role, you must have;
- Experience working with homelessness
- An understanding of working in floating support services; with knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation.
- Experience of delivering high quality, structured and time limited interventions that prevented or relieved homelessness.
- Experience of completing in depth assessments, producing Support Plans focused on setting and achieving goals and completing Personal Housing Plans
- Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- Knowledge of the Homeless Reduction Act
Candidates must confirm their interest as soon as possible, with interviews scheduled shortly after and the appointed candidate expected to start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call directly on 07824016243
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Tenancy Support Worker - Homelessness (Kingston)
- Kingston upon Thames, London
- Up to £12625 per annum
- 7 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More
- London, England
- £13.00 - £14.00 per hour
- 1 day ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, resettlement, health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and f... Read More
,HR Business Partner - North London,
- North London, London
- £38000 - £43000 per annum
- 5 days ago
Our client is a large hospice based in North London for over 3,500 patients with a life-limiting illness every year and provides support for their families, friends and carers. They have hospices based in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey and have been supporting the community since 1980. Th... Read More