Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Homeless Caseworker - Ilford, 3-4 months ongoing, 37.5hrs, £11.72 per hour
- Working within organisational and local procedural framework to provide an effective, high quality and responsive service across all services within the pathway, with clients who may present with high and complex support needs
- Within a psychologically informed environment, to carry out structured client focused assessments which appropriately and creatively addresses the presenting needs of clients, and effectively supports them in working towards achieving their goals and aspirations.
- The role is to provide effective, high quality support to a caseload of clients to help them find sustainable accommodation. Caseworkers hold responsibility for developing holistic, coproduced support plans that facilitate the achievement of defined outcomes. The role requires close partnership working and the ability to deliver focused, time sensitive and effective housing solutions.
- To maximise income receivable from occupation charges, and to ensure efficient property maintenance and health and safety compliance
- An understanding of working in homeless support services; with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation.
- Experience of delivering high quality, structured and time limited interventions that prevent or relieved homelessness.
- Experience of completing in depth assessments and producing planned co-produced support plans focused on setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- Ability to be self-motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
- A good level of numeracy, literacy and comprehension to prepare and maintain case records, communicate in writing with other agencies and analyse written and numerical information.
- An ability to be self-servicing in the use of IT applications and basic keyboard skills to create letters, minutes and key work notes and to send and receive emails.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements and work outside of office hours on occasion.
- The ability to deliver a sensitive and client-centred service to rough sleepers who may be:
* experiencing mental health problems, alcohol and / or substance misuse in, trauma
and domestic abuse, and
* mistrustful and have a low level of engagement with services
An understanding of current Welfare Benefits, and a level of numeracy sufficient to carry out tasks such as budgeting and support with clients to maintain rent accounts.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com or call me directly on 07824016243
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Homeless Prevention Caseworker - Enfield
- Enfield, London
- Up to £13.20 per hour
- 29 days ago
Our client is a large charity that support adults and young people with a history of homelessness and complex needs all over London. Position Available: Homeless Prevention Caseworker - Enfield, full time 37.5 hours per week, £13.20 per hour. We are currently recruiting for three Homele... Read More
Tenancy Support Worker - Homelessness (Kingston)
- Kingston upon Thames, London
- Up to £12625 per annum
- 10 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More
- London, England
- £13.00 - £14.00 per hour
- 4 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, resettlement, health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and f... Read More