Our client provides support to children with complex needs in North West London
Position Available: Home Manager - Children and Young People, Brent, full time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week, £42-£48kpa
As a Registered Manager you will need a passion for nurturing children and young people with the emphasis being on promoting their physical, emotional, and intellectual wellbeing, in addition to helping them with their social development. You will also be required to provide appropriate guidance and support to staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Building relationships with children/young people with comlex needs mainly EBD to support them build self-esteem and assist in the development of new techniques to improving their behaviour.
- Coach, mentor and support the child/young person to encourage greater social inclusion.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each child/young person.
- Asses the needs of the child/young person, in consultation with staff and deliver programmes related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, gangs, violence, relationships and bullying.
- Implementing strategies such as planned daily activities, coordinated treatment interventions, organised recreational and social activities.
- Promote the development of a healthy lifestyle for the child/young person.
- To be required to provide appropriate guidance and support to staff.
- To be responsible for leading/management of shifts and management of the home.
- To assist in the provision/preparation of meals in the home.
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain up to date knowledge and safeguarding, health and safety and local policy developments.
- Undertake administrative tasks, maintain effective recording systems.
- To adhere to appropriate guidelines and procedures.
- To work as a member of a team.
- Manage the running of the home
Applicants will need to be flexible to work shifts which include weekend, evening and night working.
NVQ Level 5 OR EQUIVALENT - registered managers award or NVQ Level 5 - child pathway
Experience and knowledge on young people aged 11-17 with EBD or complex needs.
Excellent communication, leadership and administrative skills
A passion for working with young people
An Enhanced DBS check.
Please send cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £9.00 - £10.50 per hour
- about 1 month ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Carlton, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.50 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Part time / Days & nights available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recr... Read More
Drug and Alcohol Practitioner
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £10 - £14 per hour
- 1 day ago
Drug and Alcohol Practitioner Location: Chesterfield, S4 Salary: £10.00 - £14.00 per hour Job type: Temporary ongoing Hours: 30 hours a week (Monday to Friday) - Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting f... Read More
Drug and alcohol worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £10.00 - £14.00 per hour
- 23 days ago
Job details: Handling caseloads and assessments - managing around 60 caseloads Inputting assessments onto the system one NHS database, must have accurate data entry skills Overseeing referrals Managing and collecting prescriptions (good knowledge of medication is required) Collecting pr... Read More
Homelessness Navigator x3 - Wandsworth and various locations
- Wandsworth, London
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Homelessness Navigator... Read More
Team Leader - Learning Disabilities and Mental Health
- Surrey, England
- £25000 - £30000 per annum
- 10 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as Autism, Learning disabilities, mental health and older people. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Team Lead... Read More