We require Highways Operatives to undertake all aspects of highways maintenance with HGV/LGV licence and CPC drivers qualification :
Contract: from 14th September 2020 to 04th April 2021
Standard Working hours are Mon - Fri 07:45hrs -16:30hrs - 8 hrs per day
Location: Yeovil BA22 8RP
CPC Drivers qualification card
You will also have to undertake standby duties for Winter and emergency response on a weekly rota basis which would be for 7 days of the week outside of t normal working hours so it would be 16:30hrs - 07:45hrs Mon - Fri & 24hrs per day on sat & sun ( also covering Bank Holidays ).
Weekly standby: £192.50
Call-outs for EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE are paid at a minimum of 2 hours @ £14.30 p/h for each call-out Monday - Saturday and £19.00 p/h for Sunday and Bank holidays
To undertake duties associates with the maintenance and construction of public highways maintained by Somerset Highways. The successful candidate will need to be available to undertake winter and emergency maintenance out of hour's activities on a standby rota basis throughout the year.
- The erecting and removal of appropriate signs, barriers, warning lamps etc in accordance with the Code of Practice
- The preparation, application, compaction and removal of soils, rocks, coated and other materials
- Work on Highways furniture, equipment and similar fixtures(e.g. Erection, maintenance, fixing and/or dismantling)
- General maintenance of highway environs. Work to precise levels and requirements in construction work in a number of tasks (e.g. Drain laying, trench timbering, manhole concreting, kerb laying, fencing, walling, flag and block paving, signing works) to be a competent in at least 3 of these tasks and maintain all other disciplines as required to cover the highways network.
- Driving of vehicles requiring specialist LGV Class C driving skills or prepared to undertake appropriate training. Drive all of the plant and equipment necessary for the required disciplines for maintenance and drainage on Highways and Network
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Recruitment
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Up to £9.50 per hour
- 6 days ago
Barker Ross Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Yard Operatives based at one of our large precast sites in Worksop. Duties will include - Heavy lifting - physically demanding general labouring ensuring the yard is tidy at all times following requests from the distributi... Read More
- Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- £9.50 - £12 per hour + overtime after 39 hours
- 10 days ago
Barker Ross Recruitment are currently looking for a number of Concrete Operatives for their well established client within the Worksop area, duties will include - reading drawings using hand and power tools setting up moulds troubleshooting You will need to be a forward thinking, motiva... Read More