HGV Technician (Nights)
The position is for an experienced HGV Technician responsible for maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to surpass MOT standards.
This role will be based at their site in Burton Upon Trent.
Areas of responsibility will be to:
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of vehicle faults.
- Attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or at customer's premises.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises.
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
- Current driving licence.
- LGV/HGV licence.
Fully Qualified Technician, ideally Class 1 licence also.
Working hours for this position are 9.30pm to 6.30am Monday to Friday. This is a permanent night shift.
Salary for this position is £15.07 per hour (£35,263.80 per annum) plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- Up to £22000 per annum + 20 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- 7 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join an established and award-winning provider of international logistics and freight services at their site in Stoke-On-Trent. The purpose of this role will be to plan the national vehicle and trailer resources in the most c... Read More