An opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician has arisen to join a specialist commercial rental vehicle company in the Midlands. There are two opportunities, one based in Loughborough and one in Nottinghamshire. Shifts are, week 1: 6am to 2pm, and week 2: 12:00 to 9.30pm (plus Saturday 6am to 11am)
Your duties will involve maintaining commercial vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards, supporting both in-house operations and external customers too. Being able to effectively process information, diagnose issues, and work in a physically and mentally demanding environment is where you come in.
To succeed, you will need:
- A technical qualification related to commercial vehicles (City & Guilds level 3, NVQ level 3, or equivalent)
- Current full driving license
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning skills
- Confidence in your own abilities
- To be an efficient, neat and disciplined commercial vehicle technician
- Flexibility, being able to prioritise your own workload whilst supporting the team is key
- To be responsive and willing to learn, receive training, developing both yourself and those around you
- Excellent relationship skills with both colleagues and customers alike
- An understanding of the value of delivering great service to suppliers, colleagues and customers
- The ability and motivation to work on your own initiative
You'll really hit the ground running if you have:
- A broad understanding of commercial vehicles in a rental environment.
- A HGV and or a Fork Lift Truck License (not essential)
Once the job is yours, you will be asked to:
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to DVSA standards and Company standards.
- Diagnose and rectify all types of faults using your experience and ability, working on your own initiative, ensuring cost effective and safe repairs to an extremely high standard.
- Attend and repair disabled vehicles at customer sites.
- Ensure that all vehicles worked on are handled carefully and that precautions are taken whilst in the workshop and/or customer premises.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations and the Company safe systems of work and processes are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all jobs are recorded properly, appropriately and accurately recording times, ensuring all job cards and service sheets are actioned in the agreed timescales.
- Write up job cards and return parts correctly in a timely manner, correctly labelled.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping throughout the shift.
- Keep up to date with all relevant DVSA and product developments, be receptive to training and participate fully in the ongoing development and continuous improvement activities within the business.
- Be flexible in your approach and be an effective team player for the development of both you and the business.
- Participate in any site security requirements.
- Complete work as directed by the Foreman, Workshop Manager or General Manager at any time.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available