A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an HGV / LGV Technician for a logistic service provider in the Derby area.
Working with the Workshop Manager and Compliance Officer to assist in the maintenance of a fleet of HGV / LGV vehicles and trailers. Responsible for inspecting, diagnosing faults / defects, testing, dismantling, overhauling, repairing and re-assembling engines, trailers, related equipment and components.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of fleet trailers
- Carrying out road tests
- Performing emergency road repairs
- Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA standards
- Diagnoses of vehicles utilising computer based diagnostic equipment
- Carry out scheduled fleet maintenance tasks
- Preparation of vehicles and trailers for MOT inspections
- Carry out re-chassis work and light fabrication
- Responsible for upkeep of scheduled maintenance records, including recording details of all work done and scheduling of servicing in compliance with Operator's License requirements
- Willing to participate in relevant and appropriate training and assessments
- Support, comply and ensure complicity by self and team with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook, Quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager. You are required to follow all company policies and procedures at all times.
- Have a full driving licence with category C entitlement
- Light and / or Heavy Vehicle Technician's qualifications (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 or equivalent)
- Have a good level of proven experience within a similar HGV Workshop environment
- Possess a good working knowledge and understanding of the Health and Safety regulations and procedures surrounding the industry
- Can correctly use all specialised and associated equipment to familiarity with hand tools, power tools, welders, grinders, air and hydraulic jacks, tyre repair equipment
- Be willing to participate in an out of hours call rota
Salary is £30,000 dependent upon experience
Monday - Friday (5 days) - 6am - 4pm And Monday - Friday (4 nights) 5pm - 3am, access to a vehicle to attend work is required.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550 or 0116 478 0998.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available